Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Saltwaterdreamtime
Uber contributor

COVID Lockdown 4.0

Hey, I know I checked out of this place ages ago and turned 26, but if you are in Victoria I think age is pretty irrelevant to how we’re feeling about this current lockdown 4. 
Just wanted to check in and see how people are holding up. 
Such a shit time, but we can get through it if we support each other. I’ve seen a bit of hate online lately at all different communities because of the lockdown and spreading it and stuff, and to be fair I have been on the back end of some of those angry comments, made them myself. But we won’t get through it if we are angry at each other. 

Let’s support each other, so I want to know a few things...

What is one thing you can do now that you are at home, that you couldn’t do before, whether that be because of work or school etc? 

What conversations have you had or plan to have with people this week to make sure you have support around you? (hint: if you don’t know the answer - go and organise one). 

What are three things you can do tomorrow to pass the time? You don’t really have to label them as self care, but literally just time passers... 

I’ll pop mine in here: 

What is one thing you can do now that you are at home, that you couldn’t do before, whether that be because of work or school etc? 
- See the sunrise over the beach, or at dusk. At the moment because it’s peak dark time, I usually leave for work as the sun is coming up and I miss the sunrise. Now I have time to look at it. 
- A hot lunch, instead of “would be better if it was reheated” pasta while driving. Today I had lasagne 

What conversations have you had or plan to have with people this week to make sure you have support around you? 

- I booked into my old psych clinic for a chat over the phone. Felt really bad doing it and asking for it but good knowing it is there if I need. Felt really embarrassed about and it was challenging but I did it. 

What are three things you can do tomorrow to pass the time? You don’t really have to label them as self care, but literally just time passers... 

- I can’t walk very well as I got injured last night but I guess one good thing is I have an appointment tomorrow which will be a fair chunk of time out of my day because it’s 35 mins away from my house...

- Watch a movie 

- Backyard bonfire night tomorrow night 

Who rated this post