cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

MB95
Uber contributor

I'm sorry to hear things are so intense for you right now @BerdNurd. I've never done inpatient therapy but I've often thought about it and that alone can be difficult to sit with so I'm feeling for you. 

Not being able to see supports face to face takes such a toll so I can only assume that is really influencing your thoughts around wanting to do inpatient too hey? Knowing that you are in need of support and not receiving it. I'm so sorry the DBT was postponed. It sounded like you were really prepared and willing to engage which I think is bloody awesome because it can be SO HARD to get to that stage in the first place, so to have it cancelled must have been quite gut wrenching so I'm sorry to hear it. 

I think if you're considering inpatient then it is definitely worth raising that with your psychiatrist. Let them know how you are feeling and that you feel you are needing more intense therapies right now. Hopefully they will be able to answer some of the questions you may have and help you to decide if inpatient is the right thing for you right now or maybe something else. I think it's awesome you have such a good relationship with your mum where you can talk to her about this. Have you spoken to her or your psychiatrist yet? 

It does sound like you're needing some additional support so just remember we are here to chat with too if you want/need 💙 I'm sorry you're going through this. 

Who rated this post