cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

StormySeas17
Star contributor

Hey @Akinna , I wanted to add to what @Iona-RO has already said. Congratulations on making it to 18 (nearly!). The idea of life only getting worse once you get older is not always true. One part of teenagehood is caring what other people think about you a lot more than other times of your life. For me, something 'clicked' when I got older and I just didn't care as much what people thought of how I looked, what I wore, what I did. Also as has been said, you feel much more comfortable in exploring your identity when you get older. Not having to wear a uniform every day and be stuck with the same cohort of people definitely helps with that! Plus, even with having a job or going to uni, it's more enjoyable because it caters to your interests or is your choice, rather than doing a bunch of subjects you don't even like but have to for school 😅 I won't say it isn't stressful, but it's stressful in a different way to the overwhelming pressures of being a teenager at school. I can safely say I would rather anything else than have to return to school. And I've found that the people who said they missed school were the ones who made it difficult for the rest of us!

As for disliking therapy, it sounds like you are open to exploring your emotions and growing even if you aren't resonating with it at the moment. Maybe something else would work better for you at this time in your life? 

Who rated this post