Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

Let's Chat: Lacking motivation

motivation GIF

Motivation drives us to get out of bed, complete daily tasks and take on new projects - to name a few things. So, when you lack motivation, it can be stressful and even impact your self-esteem. 

I bet I’m not the only one here who has noticed that it has been even more complicated than usual to stay motivated since the pandemic 😥when I was doing some research on this experience I came across an article by BeyondBlue that talks about "languishing" which describes the experience of feeling suck and empty.

There are many reasons why you might be noticing a lack of motivation, and if you feel comfy, please share in the comments how it shows up for you. 

I know I’m struggling when it takes hours to get my day started (or not getting it started at all), thinking about all the things I need/want to do but not getting started, feeling lonely but no energy to plan activities or go out. It's hard to concentrate, and I feel super low on energy. 

If a lack of motivation has got you feeling stuck, stressed, sad or overwhelmed, please let me reassure you that you are not alone - and there is a way out. 

Here are a few things to keep in mind if you’re relating to this thread: 

• Go easy on yourself 🏝 it’s okay that you’re having a hard time with motivation. It isn’t easy to maintain, especially when you’re experiencing stress. Give yourself permission to do less without the guilt and shame. 
  • Set bite-sized goals 🥅 this might mean focusing on new goals to keep things exciting, and they can be big or small - whatever works for you. We have an article, “Tips for getting and staying motivated”, which is an awesome guide for setting these goals. 
  • Talk it out 📱 if you feel like nothing is working, no matter how hard you try, that’s okay too. It can be a relief to open up and talk it out in this case - you can create a thread and connect with our online community, reach out to a trusted friend or family member or speak to a counsellor

Get involved in the conversation and let us know 👇

1. What makes you feel energised or inspired? 

2. How does it make you feel when you struggle with motivation? 

Who rated this post