cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Sophia-RO
Star contributor

Hello @RoseDavies and welcome to the forums! I am so sorry to hear that your dad has a rare brain cancer and may not live the year. That sounds really tough, and I am so sorry that you are going through that. It sounds like taking a leave of absence from school has been worrying you, which is understandable! Being a student that is slightly older at uni can be really tough at times, particularly if the cohort is quite young. I am sorry that you are feeling old and ashamed. Completing a degree can be a really tough thing to do and I think you made a really considerate decision to take a leave of absence.

It can be really hard to not compare ourselves and our progress to others in our lives, but it sounds like that comparison has been making you feel upset. You are going through a lot at the moment, and it is okay for you to go through things at your own pace 💙. It sounds like you have also put yourself in a really good position, with all the volunteer and work roles that you have. They definitely sound like they would be helpful to have to get you a role you enjoy once you graduate! 

With everything going on around you, I'm wondering if you have any friends or family that you can talk to about how you are feeling?

Who rated this post