Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Anzelmo
Builder

Hi @Blurryphaced

Hope you are well and thanks for sharing how you have been feeling lately. I know it can be easy to compare ourselves to others and I've often found myself doing that too but realized I wasn't making myself feel any better by doing so. We are all on our own journeys and who's to say you have to get certain things done by a certain age.

Personally, I don't have the biggest social life and a majority of my time is spent studying and the rest is relaxing by playing games or watching Netflix. I only got my driver's license this year and I'm 22 years old, I don't go out clubbing, and I rarely drink. But those are all things that work for me and I don't pressure myself or make myself feel bad by thinking there is something wrong with my lifestyle simply because it's not what other people are doing. I think the key is to find things that you enjoy and spend time doing things that you feel are fulfilling, and spend your time building those things into your everyday. The important thing is balance and doing things that are healthy and productive for your mind and body- and that can come in all forms. 

Also, when you go outside and you see all those people doing other things, don't think you are the odd one out. Going outside you are more likely to see extroverted people because that's the habitat that they enjoy. I think that there are plenty of people who enjoy spending alone time, being inside and relaxing, BUT the thing is though, you don't see them because they're in their own homes but they enjoy their little bubble. 

Who rated this post