cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Sally_RO
Contributor

Hey @This_is_me , thanks for reaching out here, it’s really nice to hear from you again🙂 It sounds like you and your girlfriend have been going through an awful lot lately. With your girlfriend dealing with a mental illness, and you supporting her through it all, it’s a lot for you both to handle. 

You mentioned that you’re feeling as though your girlfriend isn’t showing much love or affection towards you at the moment. It’s completely understandable that this is quite a scary feeling for you. I sense that you care an awful lot about your girlfriend and are putting a lot of effort into your relationship, so I imagine it can be quite upsetting to feel as though you’re not getting the same in return. 

I wanted to point out that it is really common to see these challenges come up in a relationship when one person is experiencing troubles with their mental health. It doesn’t always mean that the person doesn’t have love for the other person, rather it can often mean that what they’re dealing with at the moment is affecting their ability to be their usual self. 

I am wondering whether this might be the case in your own current situation? I thought it might be worth sharing this article on feeling lonely in a relationship. There might be a few tips in there to help when you’re feeling distant from your girlfriend. 

It can be really tough supporting someone through a difficult time, so it’s important to also prioritise your own well-being. I came across this article on looking after yourself when caring for someone else, that might be helpful. Is there anything in particular you like to do to take your mind off things and relax?

Who rated this post