cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Hey @This_is_me

I can hear how much this is affecting you, which I think shows how much she means to you.

And it almost sounded like you feel she is still capable at the moment of showing care and affection like she did when thanking her friend, so that must add to the confusion as to why youre being treated differently. 

I can see why then its very hard to take your mind off of this. Like some of our other community members have wondered, have you been able to gently talk with her about how youre feeling? If not, what do you think is getting in the way?

It really is natural to feel worried, angry and scared of what is happening, but i know that doesnt change how awful it feels. Im also wondering if youve shared how youre feeling with anyone else? It can be really hard to open up and share even with our family or friends, when we are feeling vulnerable, but it can often by the most helpful thing. 

Sometimes it can be helpful to talk with someone perhaps that we dont know at all and externalise how we feel. Kids Helpline is an amazing service for that. You can chat with a counsellor anytime for free on 1800 551 800 or talk online via kidshelpline.com.au - do you think it may be worth reaching out to them also?

Who rated this post