Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

ayrc_1904
Builder

Hey @This_is_me

That sounds like a really tough situation... it's totally understandable that you're feeling this way. It must be disheartening when you're not receiving the same love that you're giving out. 

I also feel that because she's been going through a lot recently, she's maybe not her usual self with you. At the same time, I can see why you'd feel more upset considering she's been able to show her gratefulness to a friend of hers. 

I'm also really proud of you for talking about this with her and your mum too. I'm glad she's improving and that there's some positive change. It may take some time for things to get back to normal whilst she's feeling down, but I'm glad you have good communication and that you feel safe and comfortable enough with her to open up about your feelings. 

Although difficult, do you think it might help to redirect your care and attention more to other people and build those relationships to look after yourself and surround yourself with people that care for you too? E.g. relationships with your family members, friends, etc. 

Maybe finding a hobby and spending time on things you love might help get your mind off things a little bit. 

I'm really proud of you for continuing to show support and love to your girlfriend despite not being able to receive the same amount of it back. It shows a lot about your character and how caring you are as a person. I hope you feel better soon ❤️

Who rated this post