cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Always Remember To Be Kind To Yourself

Hi all, 

This is my first post, so I wanted to discuss an issue that is very personal to me. 

As a student, I often find my self-worth becoming inextricably tied with my ability to work hard. On days when I complete all my tasks, I feel proud and worthy, but when I fail to do so, I start to experience concerns of not being enough. On these bad days, I begin to worry that I lack willpower, drive, and grit. However, since, I have been a student for a while now, I have become better at combatting these thoughts and reorienting my outlook. 

First, I found that feelings of low motivation are often linked to burnout and should be taken as a sign to take a break and is, therefore, not a reflection of your ability to work hard but rather an indicator of whether you prioritise rest. 

Second, I try to reflect on whether my to-do list is realistic, as I believe many of us hold ourselves to incredibly high standards which can backfire at times. 

Third, I remind myself that I am more than my ability to work. I often like to reflect on my connections to people and the value I bring to those relationships. 

So, if anyone has gone through or is going through, I hope you feel a little less alone and more supported. 

Warmly, 

Sprouting_Flowers 

Who rated this post