cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Three positives of today

I absolutely adore this thread! what a wonderful idea and so needed in a time that feels like there aren't many positives...even more so now, I love reading the joys of people's day, so thankyou for creating this @Lightuptheworld Heart

1. Going for two big walks 

2. Having a hot cross bun for breakfast

3. Buying some chocolate for easter for my sister and partner 

Highlighted

1. Made it to my psychiatrist appointment today
2. Got some purrs and cuddles from both kitties
3. Tried to do some study

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

1. Pulled out some old photos from travelling with my family to Paris years ago, and used them to decorate my work space. Reminded me how lucky I am to have travelled in the past and gives me something nice to look at Smiley Happy

2. Started a "bucket list" jar with my daughter - i read about this online somewhere, i can't remember where. Basically, whenever either of us think of something we want to do in the future, we write it down on a little piece of paper and put it in a jar. Anything from small things, like going to our favourite beach and eating icecream, to big things, like travelling to Venice to see the canals one day! Then in the future when life returns to normal, we will open the jar and go through things on our list. 

3. I went for a walk to our local bakery this morning and got an amazing Portuguese tart. So glad they are still open! 

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

You sure like you local bakery don’t you @Janine-RO haha
Our local shopping strip doesn’t have a bakery but is there is one at the
shops a bit further down the road, which is also walking distance. Our
local cafe sells some baked goodies.
Highlighted

Haha that's pretty funny @Saltwaterdreamtime , until you said that I didn't realise I had posted several times about my love for our local bakery lol. Funnily enough I'm not usually a huge fan of pastries and baked goods, but it's one of the only local businesses in walking distance that's still open, and it gives me a good excuse to go for a walk sometimes. 

Plus, they do a killer Portuguese tart! 

It's all about the little pleasures at the moment Smiley Happy

Portuguese Egg Tart Recipe

Check out our community activities calendar for June 2020 here
Highlighted

That’s how I feel about the coffee shop @Janine-RO these small businesses are always the first to help in community fundraisers etc so it’s good to support them. It’s funny because we have a TWO PUBS (one of which has turned itself into a bottleshop) within walking distance at our local shopping strip, but not a bakery or a butcher.... We’ve been walking down to the cafe each morning then walking along the trail at the beach.
Highlighted

Yesterday:
1. Did a heap of gardening outside. The compost bins/worm farms are full from itSmiley Tongue
2. Played more Animal Crossing
3. I won a giveaway of bird toys on Instagram!

Today:
1. Finished organising Mother's Day presents for my Mum and Nana, complete with homemade cards!
2. The weather is lovely again
3. My psych checked in with me over email Smiley Happy

1) chocolate hot cross buns! I always wait till the Easter long weekend to eat them and it was worth it!!!

2)my bed and reading 

3) this is super random, but a girl in year twelve’s science experiment. I had been lying in bed all day, watching stuff, online shopping, eating food and slicing motivation, and for her experiment I had to do 22 push-ups and because I didn’t want to let her down I did at least one thing active today and it made me feel better about myself. 

also, just everyday, dogs. They are so cute. I wish I could cuddle with a dog right now. 

Highlighted

One of my friends parents used to sell Portuguese custard tarts to businesses, they are soooooooo delicious
Highlighted

1) chocolate hot cross buns! I always wait till the Easter long weekend to eat them and it was worth it!!!

2)my bed and reading 

3) this is super random, but a girl in year twelve’s science experiment. I had been lying in bed all day, watching stuff, online shopping, eating food and lacking motivation, and for her experiment I had to do 22 push-ups and because I didn’t want to let her down I did at least one thing active today and it made me feel better about myself. 

also, just everyday, dogs. They are so cute. I wish I could cuddle with a dog right now.