cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WW Activity: Goal Setting!

Goal Setting

This week's wellbeing activity is about setting goals! Goals are a really important part of building motivation and setting direction for your time and energy. Goals can be set in a wide range of settings: you may have work goals, study goals, social goals, financial goals, personal goals... the list goes on! It is all about these 5 key areas: S.M.A.R.T.

Image result for smart goals

SMART goals are broken down into: 

Image result for smart goals

Activity: 

1. Using the S.M.A.R.T. goals format, set a goal for yourself (it can be any size and in any part of life!)

2. Let us know how you are going progressing your goal

We also have a great thread to set weekly goals here, ReachOut resources here and a goal setting tool!

(Credit to @Jess1-RO  for helping with this post!)

Re: WW Activity: Goal Setting!

S - Specific

M - Measurable

A - Acheivable

R - Relevant

T - Timebound

By Sunday night (6pm) I want to have created cue cards for my uni exam, practiced with them on quizlet for at least 2 hrs, and completed 3 practice questions. 

This fits the SMART goal format because my goal is specific (about 1 uni subject rather than "study"), Measurable (I've included numbers to hit for parts of the goal so I can measure my achievements), Achievable (I'm not telling myself to memorise a whole textbook, rather I know I'm able to do these tasks in the timeframe around my other commitments), Relevant (it's related to an upcoming exam which is a priority for me, and Timebound (Aiming to have it done by Sunday 6pm gives me a deadline to work towards).

What are your SMART goals, everyone?

S - Specific

M - Measurable

A - Acheivable

R - Relevant

T - Timebound

1. Using the S.M.A.R.T. goals format, set a goal for yourself (it can be any size and in any part of life!)

Specific - I want to maintain my exercise routine while I am away from home for the month 

Measurable - I will walk x3 a week minimum

Achievable - I will plan the days I am going to walk on a Sunday before the week starts

Realistic - This will help me to stay fit, feel good about myself and explore the new city I am in

Timely - I will have done 12 walks by the 15th of July! 

2. Let us know how you are going progressing your goal

ok starting tomorrow... lol

SMART is such a useful acronym!

I'm going to try applying this to creative writing - by the end of the week I want to have finished writing a short story of around 2,000 words Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //