cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do to take a break from work or study?

Hey friends! 

So I found myself struggling today to think of activities to break up my work time. I had a full day of coding today and my eyes were really struggling, plus I got super restless.

have been spending my breaks sitting down on my phone which isn't giving either my eyes or body a break but I am trying to avoid leaving the lab on shorter breaks.

What do you do to wind down on your breaks? 

work.gif

Re: What do you do to take a break from work or study?

hey @peacelovepizza
firstly its nice to meet you and this is a great thread as i find to take a break im on electronics too.

As you meantioned not leaving the lab perhaps doing some stretches would be good? or you could do a finda-word or 2 during a break?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @peacelovepizza,

Such an important thread! I cannot even imagine spending a full day coding! 

I think @scared01's suggestion of stretching during those break that you can't leave the lab is a great one! Getting the body moving a little may help with that restless feeling and give you a break from the screen. 

Whenever I take breaks (especially if I've been using a computer for a while), I try and get out in the sun and get moving. If you can't leave the lab though, is running on the spot or doing some star jumps an option? 

I close my eyes, put my headphones on and listen to something soothing or sometimes I even go for a walk outside.

Thanks for the responses @Sunflower18 @DIVYA @scared01

I will give all those a go Smiley Happy 

Hey @peacelovepizza,

I love to go outside on short walks as a way to destress and relax on a break. Even just sitting outside and getting some sun would help after being stuck in the lab all day! Smiley Happy