cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Chit Chat

im alright just really sick. im not in hospital i just have a really sore throat.

@steana Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! What helps you feel better when you have a sore throat? Heart  I know ginger, honey and lemon tea is really soothing for me! 

Highlighted

idk ive been taking cold and flu tablets but my voice i feel like im losing it.

@steana It's sounds like you've been taking good care of yourself. Have you thought about taking a trip to the GP? They might be able to help ease your symptoms Heart 

Hey @WheresMySquishy
Can I ask how you and your sister are doing? I haven’t heard much lately. Smiley Happy

// You are worth Something, not Nothing. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise //

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx! Thanks for asking! Smiley Happy I also have a thread here.

My sister came home from the hospital on Friday. She didn't get to achieve what they were hoping for in the admission because they couldn't get her seizures under control and they actually got worse while she was in hospital. I think she was under a lot of stress in that environment and it didn't help that she had a lot of negative interactions with the staff which were a big headache for us to sort out. I wish they had better bedside manner because she has to feel like she can trust them in order to get better. They're going on a break for the holidays but are hoping to admit her again in February.
Today, we had a small family birthday party for me at home and she ended up totally missing the 'Happy Birthday' song because she was in a seizure, which was kind of disappointing. She didn't look that well today (I think it was the hyperarousal/overstimulation of the birthday party) but her seizures have been less at home overall. We are currently building a lift to make it easier for her to get around at home and it'll hopefully be finished by the afternoon.
As for me, I haven't noticed much improvement in my eyes or vision but I'm seeing my ophthalmologist on Thursday. I went to three interviews for a really competitive postgraduate course and I've been knocked back for two of them and haven't heard from the other one or the other unis I've applied to. I'd like to get a job where I can use my volunteering skills if I don't get in. Smiley Happy

Anyway, that's enough about me. How are you? Smiley Happy

Morning RO community! How are you all doing today? Do you have any plans for the week leading up to Christmas/holidays?

Check out our community activities calendar here

Hey @Jess1-RO Smiley Happy
I’m not really doing much this week but I am going out for lunch with a friend from my old home then I have my gymnastics awards night tonight! Other than that, I’ve just got work, work, work. Fun
How about you? What are you up to this week?

im better now

Sounds like you have a few plans there @Bananatime04! I am just about to revive a thread about things to do in the holidays if you want to add to it to Smiley Happy Would love to hear your thoughts/ideas for activities these school holidays! Heart I'm doing well thanks, getting in lots of self care leading up to the holidays!

So great to hear you are doing better @steana Heart What are you up to today?

Check out our community activities calendar here