So here are SOME of my hobbies
- Mind games - e.g. Sudoku, word searches etc.
- Puzzles I usually do this one to music, keeps me preoccupied for hours and unlike sudokus, I'm actually really good at them!
- Jamming to KPOP or Korean Pop - Honestly, check that music out! Especially Blackpink
- Laying on my pineapple inflatable in the pool Really relaxing and lovely.
- Floating out in the ocean, I love going under each wave and feeling the wave above me.
- Playing Netball, need I say more?
- Beating my sister at UNO bahaha
- And my favourite, pampering my puppas with love, hugs and kisses.
Hey @Troy91! some hobbies I use to distract myself or pass time include:
- watching a movie or tv show - you can kill hours easily. I'm currently watching the movies in the Marvel Universe.
- Playing video games
- Jamming to music
- Go for a long walk or drive
- Read a book
- Practice a craft - my little sister does a lot of painting and I like to practice makeup artistry
Btw great suggestions @annabethxchase, if only I had a swimming pool with inflatables, I'd be out there all day.
@Troy91 Hi Troy, welcome to Reachout. To answer your question, there are many things I do to distract myself and some of them are:
1. Going to the beach- this is something I just love and whenever I get an opportunity I go there to get a breath of fresh air.
2. Listening to music is also a really good way to distract yourself especially if you are at work and need some break.
3. Sometimes I also watch 'Worth it' - a buzzed food travel series on youtube but now i watch it a little less because I end up feeling hungry after that.
4. Even going for a walk around the neighbourhood is a good distractor.
For me it depends what I need distraction from...
If I'm stuck at a desk all day and feeling like a zombie I love to go out somewhere where nature wakes me up a little - like a walk at a windy beach or a swim.
If I need to keep my mind busy, then anything that uses my hands - craft, woodwork, the gym - something that will occupy my whole brain for a while
What kind of stuff do you normally do?
Things to check out:
Worried about coronavirus? You're not alone! Check out our discussion here
We're having a live chat on June 3rd about Creativity and Mental Health. Send us your questions!
Chatting about the Black Lives Matter movement and how it affects Australia. Find out how to help.
Seen something fantastic on the forums?