cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipe Exchange

I love to bake/cook and I am always after some new recipes so I thought it would be cool to have a place where we can share our favourite recipes Smiley Happy 

You can either link the recipe if it's on a website or baking blog or put the full recipe. Lets expand our cookbooks (and stomachs haha!) with amazing recipes!!!

giphy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Re: Recipe Exchange

To start the exchange going here is my recipe for Loaded Brownies, I made these on the weekend for a picnic and they were a crowd pleaser Smiley Happy

Best ever loaded brownies

210 grams of butter (or margarine)
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder (I use the Cadbury brand)
1 1/2cups of sugar
3/4 cup of plain flour
3 eggs (take them out of the fridge the moment you need to add them)
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt

Note: You have to use plain flour and baking powder in this recipe self raising flour won't achieve the fudginess (it makes them rise them too much). You can skip the baking powder if need be but it makes them less dense.

Mix ins/toppings such as:
Choc chips
Chopped almonds (or other nuts)
Chopped Maltesers
M&Ms
Chopped toffees
Chopped chocolate bars - smartie, mint oreo, caramel (freeze first to make it less messy to chop up), cookies and cream, crunchie
Chopped/crushed Oreos - you can also put these whole in the middle for a fun surprise instead of on top

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees, line standard brownie pan (my pan was 21cm by 31 cm) with greaseproof paper and give it a spray with cooking spray (this makes a huge difference later on!).
  2. Melt butter (or margarine) in a largeish saucepan, mix in sugar, salt and cocoa powder, it will look grainy at this stage but don't stress! Let cool for 5 minutes (you don't want to scramble the eggs).
  3. Beat in eggs and vanilla essence until its glossy.
  4. Mix in flour and baking powder until there are no white streaks left.
  5. Stir in your mix ins reserving some for the toppings if desired.
  6. Pour into pan, sprinkle on toppings and bake for 20 minutes then check and lower the oven temperature to 150 degrees baking for another 10-15 minutes if required. It will be done when you insert a skewer and it comes out with crumbs clinging to it.
  7. Cool in pan and cut into squares and enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooooh wow
I'll share my favourite recipe soon
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I love this @ErinsAntics!!  Thanks for starting it!

i have always failed at making brownies. I don’t know why it never works 😢 But I will definitely give your recipe a try!! Thank you Heart

Mmmm I would eat the hell out of this! Maltesers in brownies, um yes please. 

I have to agree with @ElleBelle, I'd eat the hell out of those

These recipes sound amazing! That malteasers one, yummy! Smiley Tongue

Has anyone got any more recipes they would like to share?

I might share my mum's fruit cake recipe! - if I can convince her to let her secret out haha!

@mrmusicyes lets revive this thread! I have been doing lots of Christmas baking Smiley Happy 

I thought I would share my recipe for super easy Oreo Truffles, they are amazing and you can never eat just one Smiley Happy I always make these at Christmas time and everyone loves them.

In a food processor crush 4 packages of Oreos until they resemble breadcrumbs, mix in a package of cream cheese until combined. Roll teaspoons full of the mix into balls, place in the fridge for 30 minutes.

Melt 350grms of milk or dark melts (2 packs of the Cadbury brand) and dip the truffles until they are fully coated, sprinkle on Christmas sprinkles or drizzle white chocolate over them. Place back in the fridge until set.

Package up to give up gifts or eat them all yourself (I won't judge!). 

Slow-cooked Vegan Bolognese

This is my favourite hearty winter meal. I use a slow-cooker/crock pot to prepare this meal, but you could also just do it all in a pan. It just tastes SO much more delicious when it's been cooking away on low for 6+ hrs.

Ingredients
1 sml brown onion (chopped small)
1 heaped tsp crushed garlic
Enough olive oil to fry off onion and garlic
400g plant-based mince
2 regular sized tins of diced/crushed tomatoes
1 sachet of tomato paste
1 tin of lentils (washed and drained)
200ml of Beef-Style (vegan) or other stock
Dried Basil and Oregano
Bay leaves
1 lemon, juiced (no pips)
1 packet of spaghetti or other pasta of your choice.

Serves 6

Steps
1. Fry off onion and garlic and mushrooms. Add to slow cooker on Low setting.
2. Add 1 packet of plant-based mince (I like the Vegie Delights one but any will do) to slow cooker, using wooden spoon to break it up
3. Add all tins (tomatoes, lentils) and sachet of tomato paste.
4. Add about 200ml of Beef-style or veggie stock (I prefer vegan, beef-style stock because it makes the sauce taste richer).
5. Add 3 bay leaves, dried basil and oregano (be very generous with the herbs, you want to cover the sauce).
6. Add chili flakes (not a huge amount, maybe 1/4 of a teaspoon but if you enjoy the spice you can add more)
7. Add the lemon juice, making sure that there are no pips added to the sauce.
8. Mix all together and allow to cook for 6+ hrs (sauce should thicken considerably, if not thick enough switch the slow-cooker to high right at the end).
9. Serve with spaghetti or other pasta of your choice.

What are your winter warmer recipes?

im not sure if theres a proper name but I call them 'Chocolate balls' and they are very simple

1- tin of condensed milk
1- packet of milk arrowroot biscuits
-cocoa and coconut

Crush up the biscuits- using good with a food processor so they pieces are as small as possible.
add in the tin of condensed milk
add in some cocoa to your liking (I tend to do about 2/3 tablespoons and then mix all together
place some coconut into a bowl.
get about a table spoon of the wet mixure and roll into a ball, place into the coconut and roll till its covered.
Place each ball as you make it onto a tray, once filled place in the fridge till cold.
enjoy Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**