cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Introduce yourself here- July 2020

Hi everyone! After a hectic few months I'm delighted to say it's (finally Smiley Tongue ) time for our July 'introduce yourself' thread!

After a few months of restrictions and lockdowns, July's questions are travel themed!

What's the best holiday you've ever been on?

A Business Owner's Guide to Taking Holidays | Outcomes Business Group

If you could go anywhere in the world and explore, where would it be and why?

20 Example Travel Websites That Will Get You Moving

Do you love or hate plane flights?

Flying Planes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Are you a heavy or light packer? Is your packing process carefully methodical, chaotic, or somewhere in between?

Packing GIFs | Tenor

Which do you look for more in a holiday- relaxation or adventure?

Top 30 Relaxing Gifs GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Highlighted

Re: Introduce yourself here- July 2020

A 3-4 week road trip with my husband going along the south coast of WA. We went from Walpole to Esperance and stopped at every 2WD accessible beach and camped along the way, and didn't leave a spot till we felt like it. Lots of snorkeling, body boarding, little walks, and op shopping when we went through towns.

Maybe Greece? Or a tropical island? Or somewhere with snow? So many options, I'm not sure!

Love them! 😁 It's so cool watching the clouds next to you and I feel like I have superpowers because I'm literally flying and that's so amazing. Plus I love getting all cosy and just relaxing for the whole flight. And all the scenes of loved ones reuniting or people leaving on exciting trips at airports are so beautiful

Are you a heavy or light packer? Is your packing process carefully methodical, chaotic, or somewhere in between?

Light. And closer to chaotic, but it's a relaxed chaos. I just grab the things I think I'll need which usually isn't much and put them in a bag shortly before leaving 😛

Adventure! For me that's what means it was a good holiday. But times of rest between the action is good too

Highlighted

Hey @hellofriend ! That WA holiday sounds beautiful ! It sounds like such a great experience to truly go with the flow Heart

These questions had me thinking some nice warm thoughts which I appreciated in chilly July!!

I think the best holiday I've ever been on was when I went to Vanuatu a few years ago with my partner. I hadn't been on a holiday in quite a long time and it was just so nice to spend time together sitting and reading, learning about the culture, and eating - the eating was definitely the best part, I had one of the best meals of my life there Smiley Tongue

There are a few places I'd love to go! I would love to explore South America, relax in Greece, and eat in Malaysia.

I definitely have a tendency to bring more shoes than i need! Otherwise I think I am quite sensible - or I'd like to think I am Smiley Embarassed

I am a RELAXER. I love to chillllllllll. I like adventure too, but usually on holidays I eat so much amazing food I need to just lie down for a lot of it.

Highlighted

Nice to ‘meet’ you @Hannah-RO ! Welcome to the forums Heart

I also want to go to Greece one day! It looks so pretty there Smiley Very Happy 

Highlighted

Thanks @Bananatime04 ! Lovely to "meet" you too Smiley Very Happy

Yeah Greece just looks so amazing right?! Gosh. I can imagine it being very hard to leave!

Highlighted

@Hannah-RO @Bananatime04 My parents went to Greece before I was born.

Apparently they got arrested!

I think it was just for forgetting thier passports or looking suspicious or something so they were released on the same day, but apparently it was an intresting experience..

(Other than that they really enjoyed it)

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf Bahahaha that’s so funny! And really cool Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

Wow @Tiny_leaf ! That must have been an experience indeed! That is cool that otherwise it was a fun trip, do you know if there were any highlights? 

Highlighted

Huge thank you @hellofriend for jumping in to make a new introduce yourself thread! Smiley Happy 

Last year I took my mum to Europe for nearly a month! We went in with just a flight into Rome and a flight out from Paris and very little planning in the middle (Which was a huge huge change for me!) We ended up exploring Rome, Sorrento, the Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii, Florence, Tuscany, Venice, Barcelona and Paris! I loved exploring the world and stepping outside my comfort zone with my best friend. 

I really want to hire a car and do a driving tour through France. I am a huge history nerd and I love learning about the thousands of years of history that have happened in the places I visit. 

I love short plane trips, not so keen on longer flights though! I do sleep through take off and landing though so I am lucky in that way- I just sleep the whole way!

Very methodical. I have always have packing lists. My lists even have subheadings like Shoes, Clothes, Toiletries, Electronics, Travel Essentials Smiley LOL The perfectionist in me is showing!

I am big on travelling with a purpose- I pick either relaxation or adventure. I prefer adventure holidays, but there are times I just need to chill. I often make sure I stay in the one place for a few days when I am travelling so I can take time to experience and "just be"

Can't wait to hear about all your amazing travel stories and future possibilities!

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Hello all! Wow, I'm long overdue for one of these. Guess I'll just dive right in!

New Zealand. It was very....refreshing. Waterfalls, clean air, lovely trees and quaint areas. My family literally decided upon it at the last minute as a spontaneous thing and so far, it's been the most wondrous. There's exciting areas, lively areas and places you can live in. This was just one of those places where it felt like people could spend ages without noticing the time fly!

New York! I am long overdue for a trip there since I've never visited the US. You hear stories and you see pictures but until I get to experience it myself in person, I don't think I could ever shift it off the bucket list. Perhaps a little further in the future though - I'd love to stay in a place where you can see the entire skyline.

Domestic - not as much of a fan. International, I love. It's less the actual ride and more the fact that I've somehow associated international flights with holidays, freedom and spending time with my family. I've been studying for so long that every break has more and more emphasis now haha.

Kind of both, which is just little odd me. If it's a short travel, I'll throw together whatever at the last minute. If it's a longer travel or it's important, I'd have documented anything and everything down to the last detail. 

Relax omg relax. I spend most hours of any given day moving and moving so literally any spare time I have, I'll spend it relaxing. If by some miracle I get a longer period of time off, I definitely go for adventure. I wonder if you can do feasibly do this as a career nowadays :thinkface: (not a real emoji I don't think lol)

Skyline Tour of New York City 2020

Imagine seeing that outside your window. There's just something about a busy city at night that I love looking at - so many places to explore, so many things happening all at once. And yet I absolutely love quiet forests too. There simple just isn't enough time to see everything but I'll do my best xD