cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself here: February Editon!

Hey everyone, so it's now February and I wanted to do another Introduce yourself here Smiley Happy Here's some random questions I found for everyone, with absolutely no theme.. well maybe the theme is random? Smiley Tongue

Would you rather explore a new planet or the deepest parts of the ocean? Why?

Image result for coral gif

If you had to teach a subject, what would it be?

Image result for Teach gif

What motivates you to succeed?
Image result for motivation gif

How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?

Image result for zombie gif

If you were an animal, what would you be and why?

Image result for animal gif

What kind of magical power would you like to have?

Image result for magical gif

I hope you all have find answering these! Smiley Very Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Re: Introduce yourself here: February Editon!

These are great @Bee!! 

Even if you're not new this month, it's still fun to answer the questions, and tell others a bit more about yourself. 

@Saltwaterdreamtime want to give it a go? 

I'm excited to hear everyones' answers, so I'm going to kick the ball off and start!

The deepest parts of the ocean! I really want to go scuba diving - I have wanted to for so long, but alas I live nowhere near the ocean... I just think it would be awesome to see first hand the coral and be able to swim with the fish!

Probably photography. Although I don't know ALL of the technical stuff involved, I know a bit and I can apply it to my own work. I think I'd be pretty good at teaching people the settings but also some composition stuff I've learnt along the way. But as with any form of art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And here's a photograph for you all I've taken

IMG_8710.JPG

I think mostly the sense of accomplishment and achievement, that feeling once I've completed something kind of motivates me to keep going.

I would probably hide silently until they left

I could say a Bee, because I'm a bee on the forums Smiley LOL but....

I think we all saw this one coming! Smiley Tongue

Kittens are so playful and adorable. I'm a crazy cat person all the way through Smiley Tongue

I found this question and thought it would be awesome, now coming to answer it I'm not entirely sure. I think if I could choose anything, it would be the ability to adjust my super power based upon what I needed or wanted to do. Because I can't predict what would be most helpful and 2 being able to do anything would be pretty neat Smiley Tongue 

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hey!! I thought I'd come here because I'd like to get to know everyone and I would like people to know more about me.

This is a tricky one.. I am quite scared of drowning so the planet seems safer but I think I would still go for ocean (as long as I wasn't in danger) because it just seems to mysterious and cool to explore. I feel like we have only touched the surface of things to discover in the ocean. And I love mermaids, always wanted to be one haha.

I don't know.. I don't think I would teach at all. It's such a gift to be able to teach and I am not blessed with that gift.. I would be a bad teacher just in general and even though I am good at some things, I don't think I like anything enough to want to teach it. I'd rather live it if that makes sense.

I suppose just wanting to fulfil my dreams motivates me to keep persisting.

I would gather people I know and go live out the rest of our lives on a remote island. Zombies can't swim so we would be safe there. If anybody wants in hmu when the time comes Smiley Happy

I would be a swan. Swans are my spirit animal if you believe in that sort of thing. I love how beautiful they are and graceful.. and yet they work so hard paddling under the surface but nobody can tell that they are working hard, maybe even struggling a little.. people just see the gorgeousness. And I like how they are so fluffy and grey as babies, like a oversized geese but they grow to be the pegasus of birds. I often think of the ugly duckling when I see swans, it was one of my favourite stories as a kid. People have said that I remind them of a swan and so that is the animal I'd like to be.

I would like to be a shape shifter, to be able to turn into anything I want, living or non living. I think it would be really cool.

So that is me! Can't wait to read everyone else's answers!

I’m loving these questions! Here’s my thoughts:

I think exploring the deepest parts of the ocean would be really interesting! I’ve grown up around water but only recently have I really started enjoying the beach! I’ve been snorkelling before but it would be great to see everything closer up. I always hear stories about what could lie in the deepest parts of the ocean and things that have gone missing and never found again.  It would be so cool to actually see it firsthand! 

Psychology! Ive always been interested in human behaviour, learning and the biological changes that occur in the brain. I think that because I’m passionate about these and about mental health, I would be most motivated to teach others about the field. I also have a bit of experience in research and data analysis. Although I’m not an expert I think I’d be able to help others explain and critique some of the research that has been done in the field of psychology. 

Self-satisfaction and my family! Knowing I’ve completed something makes me feel successful and accomplished, which motivates me to achieve my goals. Also, knowing I’ve made my family proud by achieving something drives me to keep succeeding. 

I would hide out in a shelter and if I were confronted by a zombie I would probably fight to protect my friends and family. 

I would definitely be a monkey 😂 I feel like they’re intelligent but so mischievous and playful at the same time. 

If I could have multiple magical powers I would 😂 but if I had to narrow it down I would like to read minds or predict the future! It would be helpful to know what people are thinking or to know what is about to happen in almost all aspects of life! 

Hi everyone! Smiley Very Happy First post, I'm happy to be here. Great questions, by the way.

Immediately I jumped to new planet, thinking of aliens. My logical brain is confusing itself with the implications of this (in our solar system? Can it support life? Gravity? Elements?). If it were somehow perfectly safe, definitely. Some planets rain diamonds! Even Mars would be amazing:
PIA19400_hires
This photo blows my mind. We have the technology to build little robots, send them in rockets and take pictures of sunsets on an entirely different planet. This is a place no human has ever stood. Wowie.
Anyway, I associate the deep ocean with one of my favourite books, Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman (named after the deepest known point), which uses it as a metaphor for the main character's lowest state of mind while dealing with mental illness (very beautiful book!). So, metaphorically... no thanks! Smiley Very Happy Though I am sure it would be very beautiful. Bring me the aliens!

Probably literature. It's so fun hearing all the ideas and interpretations people can come up with: I find it so freeing because there's no real wrong answers (as long as you can justify yourself!). Words and stories help shape society. And yes, I would be one of those 'the curtains are blue as a metaphor...' teachers. Smiley Wink

The ability to look back and know I made it through it all, and be proud of myself for having overcome the obstacles in my way, as well as thoughts that I could help and inspire others through the things that I do. Also, cannot forget that pesky bug called perfectionism.

I would not. Next question. Smiley LOL

A raven, because they're super intelligent and aesthetically pleasing in their own brooding, Poe-ish way.

Teleportation. I'm in a long distance relationship, that is my main reason. Also, air travel can be expensive and I'd love to see more of the world. I could also get to places easier (no  more commute to uni, yay!)

@Hozzles Love that you are able to use your past as a motivation! What an awesome perspective you've got.

Love this thread @Bee - You give me so many things to think about!!

I think the deepest parts of the ocean - I automatically think of Atlantis or Mermaids! 

Science or dance! Two completely opposite ends of the spectrum but my favourite subjects in school. 

Goal setting - no matter how big or small it is, if I have a plan for it or an idea of it then I can motivate myself to do it. Also, sometimes my anxiety because I fear not getting it complete. It's a bit topsy turvy! 

an underground house duh, there's a movie I think with Tom hanks?? where he lives underground with his family for 20+ years and surfaces in the 1970s to a whole new world. Can anybody help me name this movie please. 

a great white shark! 

I'm torn between reading minds or teleporting!

The deepest part of the oceans, Apparently only 5% of the worlds ocean have been searched which is absolutely insane if you think about it. Just imagine all of the awesome, weird and strange things that we could discover. Maybe we'd even find MH370, who knows?

Hmm, I think Humanities because it's my favourite subject and I love learning it so I'd probably love teaching it Smiley Happy Does anyone else try harder and put more effort into subjects they love learning?

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I would say myself. When I really want to succeed in something I usually just put everything into it and try my best. Also like, my puppas, they motivate me to keep going everyday Smiley Happy

I would join the zombies bahaha and go after all of my mortal enemies MWAHAHAHA watch out!! I'd be like a double agent and stay with all you humans and slowly convert them or whatever Smiley Wink

Huh, I don't know... Probably like a queen bee or a doggo. A queen bee because I'd get to relax and have everything run around after me and a dog just because, I don't have to answer that Smiley Happy

Knowing how far above and below sea level I am at all time. Don't ask Smiley Wink ...

Even though I've completed a few of these, I was so intrigued with the questions and so I had to give these a go!

A new planet mainly because I can't swim very well. Plus, I want to know if we are truly alone in the universe.

I think math because I love numbers and I tutored several people in this subject years ago

My friends and family Smiley Happy

Given how clumsy and having poor hand-eye concentration, I would most likely be turned into a zombie in a zombie apocalypse 

Maybe a bird, because I frequently stare at the sky a lot  

Time travel!