cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacGyver meals

After getting way too off topic in another thread i'm making a thread to talk about all the amazing tricks you know for preparing a meal with limited ingredients or things you normally wouldn't cook dinner with.

Here's my recipe for:

75870083.jpg

Step 1:

Go to the local shop and buy some handmade dumplings. You're Macgyver now so you have to use your environment... and paperclips to your advantage.

Step 2:

Put the dumplings in the microwave in some boiling water... bonus points if you boiled the water with jetfuel or something else really cool. I was out of jet fuel so i used a Kettle. Cook on high for 8 minutes. 

Step 3:

Drain the dumplings from the water with an elaborate and unecessary system of spatulas. Fry in a sandwich toaster for a couple of minutes or untill nice and crispy.

Step 4:

Fashion a crappy fork out of a paperclip. You have real forks... but you're MacGyver... so paperclips.

I will update this with pics after i do this again.

Plx share your macgyver cooking skills.

Re: MacGyver meals

Huh, so you weren't kidding about your MacGyver cooking skills @Ben-RO Smiley Tongue I'm going to have to start eating with paperclips - forks are far too obvious an eating utensil.

(Additionally, who is MacGyver? Is this one of those pop culture references that goes straight over my head?)

Well @roseisnotaplant MacGyver was a TV show in the 80's and early 90's where a guy with a bad hairdo known as a Mullet would solve lots of problems with random every day objects around him. He's a perfect metaphor for ReachOut although we have slightly better haircuts here. I remember watching him when i was super little Smiley Tongue

This is Macgyver defusing a nuclear missile with a paperclip

Oh and he didn't like to use guns, although I'm pretty sure there was a bunch of times when he made guns out of other stuff... for some reason that's fine.

This really isn't a Magyver cooking skill but it's something.
My mates and I went camping a few weeks ago and someone forgot the cutlery (not me....) so we ate our dinner with the spare tent pegs Smiley Tongue
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Totally not the point of this thread, but everytime I hear MacGyver I think of Patty and Selma from The Simpsons Smiley Tongue

giphy (69).gif

@j95

That's pretty MacGyver!

Here's my MacGyver meal for tonight, sandwich toaster roast potatoes.

yeah either way i would of upset someone... if i took all of our forks, knives and spoons from our house my housemates would not of been happy but my friends definitely were not happy when we opened up the box of food making things and realized somebody forgot eating utensils - but i think we did well @Ben-RO

Next time swap the eating utensils at the house for tent pegs @j95 Robot LOL Man Indifferent

Will do... actually i might take one of each for myself, hide the rest and replace them with tent pegs sometime when I'm not away, to be annoying and for a lol @Ben-RO

I need to start carrying around paperclips @Ben-RO Smiley Tongue