cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No Sexual Urges

Has anyone gone through this??

I have been with my boyfriend for nearly 2 years. I have been struggling to find the urge to want to have sex the last year and i don't know why? I am so in love with him we have the best connection and relationship but when it comes to sex my head just hasn't been there. It feels like a snowball effect cause he is frustrated sexually and im frustrated cause i don't know why i don't have these natural urges? Is there something wrong with me? 

Highlighted

Re: No Sexual Urges

Hey @TANDT Smiley Happy First off- there is nothing wrong with you! Although I haven't personally experienced this, I've heard of similar experiences

Have you thought much about your sexuality before? I know a person can be asexual, which means a lack of sexual attraction. Ultimately, choosing to identify with a label at all is a personal preference, but if your curious you could always check out ReachOut's general support page about questioning your sexuality and/or gender

There could also be a number of other reasons why you're experiencing this lack of sexual urges. But I know many users on the forums experience a similar thing so hopefully they can offer you with some more support Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@TANDT  sorry to hear about unwanted changes in your sex drive! It can be hard when we want to please our partner but aren't able to organically, or we are 'out of sync' with them. Keeping an open dialogue is really important, and trying out some practical solutions may be a good idea too. Maybe see a GP to rule out any bodily issues, or try using things to help you relax and prepare for intimacy, or address any stresses in your life that maybe are interrupting your urges on a subconsciously?

Highlighted

Hi @TANDT im sorry to hear your worries about your sexual desires and no, nothing is wrong with you at all. I know @lost_Space_Explorer5 mentioned asexuality but I kind of wanted to share something different.

ive recently been trying to come to terms with similar issues ive been having. ive been with my boyfriend for over a year and have just found I have zero desire for anything sexual. I have so much love for him but im starting to think maybe im just not IN love with him and thats translating to not wanting to have sex. Have you considered that even though you love your partner and have an amazing connection, maybe its just not a sexual connection? just some food for thought