cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Quotes

My partner is a HUGE critical role fan @Ani_Faeth !  Do you play D&D? 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Oh @Janine-RO that's so cool!  Yeah I play a (probably unhealthy) amount of D&D Smiley Very Happy  I DM 3 campaigns at my school, it's great!  it's not as good during iso, but we can still do zoom sessions, so I've been doing a lot of that!  Do you know who your partner's favourite character is?  Yeah, if it weren't for critical role, I would be going absolutely insane now!  My favourite thing to do is sit down with a cup of green tea and lemon, draw or do a craft, and watch critical role!Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

He says this is very niche but all time is Macaroni Samsonite, mainstream is a toss up between Caleb Widogast and Jester Lavore. This question required much agonising lol. I wasn't a huge D&D fan but watching those guys has kind of changed my mind, they are totally incredible! So freaking talented and so much emotion in those stories!

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

I know!!! I was only introduced to D&D last year, and Critical Role just before the lockdown, but the amount of emotion that Matt Mercer gives to the NPC's and the reactions the cast give are amazing! I wish my D&D groups could be that good! Smiley Very Happy My favourite was definitely Mollymauk Smiley Sad but now it's Caduceus, I don't know why, but I love all of Taliesin's characters! Honestly though, I love all of them! It's amazing what you can see with your mind's eye, that's one of the reasons I love D&D... all you have are the encounter maps, the rest is imagination!
Highlighted

'Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it'.

'Falling down is not a failure. Failure comes when you stay where you have fallen.'

'Your body is not an ornament, it is the vehicle to your dreams.'

'Enjoy the little things. For one day you may look back and realise they were the big things.'

'Life is a practice. We're not trying to achieve anything by it, other than to just continue to practise in ways in which we can learn more about ourselves, and live from that place'.

'Remember that you must behave as at a banquet. Is anything brought round to you? Put out your hand, and take a moderate share. Does it pass you? Do not stop it. Is it not come yet? Do not yearn in desire towards it, but wait till it reaches you.'

'When you get those things you want, you may get a temporary spike in happiness, but soon enough it will always fall back down to baseline.'

'The best relationships are peer relationships. If there's somebody above you, then that's someone to learn from. If you're not learning from them and improving, then there shouldn't be anybody above you.'

Highlighted

"you don't know what you want, but you don't know what you don't want"

this quote helped relax me a little because i tend to overthink my future and feel stressed about making "the right decision" when in fact, nobody knows if they're making the right decision. they only know if they don't like that decision or not x

Highlighted

This is not super related to mental health, but one of my favourite quotes ever is from Freud:

"In dream-life, the child that is in man pursues its existence".

Thinking about dreams is really interesting, and it's always a fun task to write down and try and understand your dreams. It's one of my (strange) tasks to keep busy during lockdownSmiley Happy

Highlighted

'Don't count the days. Make the days count.'

'You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.'