cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Climate Change Anxiety: How to cope

@lr8991Thats awesome to know others are doing this! I feel like not enough people know this is a thing, I wish there was more money spent on advertising for stuff like this honestly, or made mandatory!? That might sound a bit extreme, but if we’re already separating our recycling from the garbage, what harm would it do to introduce one more thing

I also feel like this is a really important topic. Ever since I learnt about sustainability I knew it was something I wanted to live by. There are so many little things you can change to reduce your impact on the earth. I will no longer buy take away coffee cups unless I have a keep cup with me and I refuse to use the plastic bags still available to purchase at coles. I think it is crazy when there are so many reusable bags out there. 

I am really keen to learn more strategies in living sustainably and reducing my impact. Something I want to learn more about is composting. 

@mspaceK  Oh yes! I'd love to do composting, I'd probably start when I have more time. I feel like one of the main reasons why I'm unable to dedicate myself to some things is probably due to convenience and just being too busy! But once I get into the routine I think it'll be all good and easy 

I think that is a fairly common reason why a lot of people are either unaware, or simply choose not to do sustainable options. That and tradition @I_am_not_Groot . This is why I think a really good strategy is just to pick one little thing to work on at a time! 

@mspaceK That's true! It definitely keeps me motivated to take small steps and do things one at a time! Also, do you have plants to use the compost on? 

I have a tiny garden outside - some bushes but I live in a small sort of apartment with not much outside garden area. @I_am_not_Groot  When I move out with my boyfriend (or somewhere new from here) then I plan to have a veggie garden, that'd be nice I think. What about you? 

@mspaceK Good luck on the veggie garden! I'm sure it'll be very rewarding. My mum is the main plant person, but we usually grow most things in pots instead of in a garden. So if we do the compost, I'd be mainly putting it into those. 

I like the idea of looking after plants. @I_am_not_Groot My sister likes plants but neither of us are very good at looking after them! 

@mspaceK Oh yeah it's hard to maintain them particularly if they're not herbs! We're trying to grow tomatoes and honestly, caterpillars are eating them more than we are Smiley Frustrated

Aww, that is a little bit funny but i'm sorry to hear @I_am_not_Groot .

I think growing our own herbs and fruits and vegetables are a really good way to be sustainable as well Smiley Happy