cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falling for old habits

Hi, 

I have been clean of self harm for a week yes i know not long but i have to start somewhere. But recently well today and yesterday it seem none of the stuff that me and my psychologist put in place are working . I feel that i could so easily fall back in to self harming. And end up in hospital again. 

Re: Falling for old habits

Hey there @Eagle, it's great that you're willing to open up and share your fears. Have you been able to bring them up with your psychologist?

Hello @Eagle

It's great that you've been clean, even a day is great. Do you feel like talking to a helpline? I think when people are feeling down, a voice is better than words on a page. If not then we are here to support you and talk! 

Yes i have brought them up in recent sessions. It’s taken me 12 months to get this far. I just find that some of the distracting techniques i use are not really working as i am still thinking about it. 

It can be pretty normal for some of our helpful strategies, like distraction to stop working for us @Eagle. I think because when the more we practice it, the more familiar and less effort it requires so their effectiveness kind of wears off a bit. Maybe you could try out learning a new distraction skill that takes effort and focus? Building something, puzzles, games etc?

@gina-ROcan you edit the first post please

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hi @scared01

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - the first post is edited now, in line with our guidelines @Eagle is new to the forums, and it can take a little while to become familiar with the community guidelines, and get a feel for things. 

On that note - welcome to ReachOut @Eagle! Thank you for opening up and sharing your experience here, and it's really great that you've sought out support. 

Self harm can be really difficult to overcome - but you're not alone! It is something many people talk about and receive support for through the forums. You've come to the right place.  Smiley Happy 
Perhaps some of our other members,  @mrmusic and @letitgo or mods  @Bree-RO @Esperanza67 can jump into the conversation too.  

Smiley Happy 

thanks @gina-RO Smiley Happy and Eagle has 2 threads both similar in nature. the other thread

TW: old habits die hard can be found here

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @Eagle, how are you going? Are you still struggling to stay clean of self-harm?

@Esperanza67.

i am two days clean today.