cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hard to Cope

Hey @FootyFan26, I think starting routines is really hard. Sometimes you get a sense of motivation from somewhere, other times I think you just have to decide to get the ball rolling. Exercising I find really boosts my mood and increases my self-esteem. It also motivates me to eat healthier so my exercising efforts don't go to waste. You could perhaps list the reasons that you want to make the change or the benefits of it! Generally starting with a small goal is the way to go. What do you think?

@FootyFan26 that is okay that you don't know what will help motivate you. I often find myself unsure of what will help motivate myself too! I agree that poor eating can have an affect on our motivation as well.

I don't know where I was going with this I lost my train of thought aha! Smiley Tongue

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

starting and the first few days is usually the hardest @FootyFan26 if you can just make a start and make it a goal that you stick to a routine each day then maybe itll be helpful....
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@Taylor-RO I like that idea, I know all the benefits of exercise but writing them down could be helpful too.

That's okay @Bee Smiley Tongue I find that it's a cycle and it's really hard to get out of as well. Only one aspect has to change and you're out of it though.

@scared01 I'm great on the first day and then even if I do it for a couple of days it's a day where I have shit MH where I screw it up.so I really just have to try and push through.
Highlighted

@FootyFan26 I find the same thing - that when your mental health is down, often the routine goes out the window! It’s a really tough thing to push through, but I admire the determination that your posts have shown to do it. In the infobus last week, @Amirah-RO mentioned one of her mantras, “this too shall pass” - it might be helpful to try and keep telling yourself that when things get hard?

Just remember how resilient you are. It might be hard to see sometimes, but you have come such a long way. As hard as it is, you can get through this. And don’t forget, we’re always here to help you. ❤️

Hey @mrmusic, thanks, I also like the mantra, it's nice Smiley Happy

I just feel like I'm in a downward spiral and it's really getting a lot now.  It's hard to improve or act on anything at the moment.

Anyone have any advice on getting out of this cycle? It's doing my head in and I'm completely lost as to what to do now.

Sometimes with the MH cycles it's about minimising the down time. For me I still have the lowest of lows but bounce back much quicker than I did say ten years ago. Would it help you to chat to the forums about what has been going on for you? What's led you back in the lower end of the pattern? Heart @FootyFan26

@Bree-RO I think it's just not taking care of myself properly because of how I've been feeling. It's a cycle dude. I don't eat properly, my personal hygiene is shit and I very rarely exercise. What do you mean by minimising down time? Like keeping busy?

No I meant literally when we're feeling down. When we feel depressed. We all feel it, but over time it becomes less - more manageable. If this makes sense? Also that is understandable, it's just your inner rut going external Heart Does anything soothe this feeling at all? Does writing on here help Heart@FootyFan26