cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heyo :(

Hi my friends. Well i hope we are friends at least on here Smiley Happy so um for about a month I have been off the forum I have a bit of things still going on at the moment so I probably won't be on that much. And I'm sorry I just want to say a big thank you for Jess  for  checking in on me. 

So this past month has been a roller coaster ride. And let's just say I'm not a big fan of roller coasters, in short I gave been overly stressed about alot of things. And I'm just wondering if anyone might have some tips to deal with the stress and Hardships. It's hard to explain whats going on and latly I have been slpr safer then I normally am and it just feels like somewhere in side somethings just not quite right, so if anyone has some suggestions I'm open. And guys I'm sorry I haven't and probably won't be on that much. I'm trying to be tho. Take care beautifuls  x

Highlighted

Re: Heyo :(

@Maryhadalittlelamb  if i am looking for stress relief I normally do something relaxing like art or listen to music but generally just setting aside time each day for "down time" or to do something for you can be good longer term to relieve stress buildup. 

Hey @Maryhadalittlelamb 

Thanks for updating us on what has been happening for you. Like you, I am also not a fan of roller-coasters. Going through so many emotions can be really exhausting. It's great that you're thinking of ways you can deal with stress and hardship Heart 

I think how people deal with stress really depends on who you are. Some people take a lot from exercise and letting off steam using physical activity. I personally benefit from doing nothing, listening to music and spending time in nature. Can you think of any activities that help you feel content/relaxed? Heart 

Hi @Maryhadalittlelamb! I hope we are friends too! Smiley Happy

I'm so sorry this month has been so stressful for you. Smiley Sad
I know that different things work for different people, but sometimes it helps me to think about why exactly I am stressed and apply strategies to fit the source of the stress. For example, when I am feeling burnt out, I try to do some self-care or get some support from others, whereas if I'm worried about something, I try to write down my worries and sometimes evaluate them. If I'm in pain, I like to distract myself or do some mindfulness. Do you think these ideas would work for you?

Hi @Maryhadalittlelamb,

Sending thoughts your way this week Heart 

I’m just going to link a few threads that may be able to help with some coping strategies. This thread is has a toolbox of great coping threads, would highly recommend having a look Here

There is also the thread 10000001 coping strategies and distractions Here 

We are thinking of you and will be here if you need to chat Heart This community has your back Smiley Happy 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Hi @Maryhadalittlelamb

I thought I'd check in with you and maybe get an update if you're able to share. I'm so sorry you were going through a tough time. Rollercoasters of emotions are always exhausting and I understand it must be more difficult for you to be out on these forums helping others. I can see that you're a builder and I want to thank you for being one and providing lots of support to others in the forum. I just want to remind you, that you are also able to get lots of support for yourself on the forums too. I hope that some of us who have replied have helped you in some way. Heart

Sometimes, it is in the tough moments that we need more support, but feel not as motivated to get it. I totally get it! I can say I've struggled with getting help for myself, especially if I thought that many others relied on me to stay strong. Self-care is important and I just wanted to ask, what kind of things do you do to relax and calm yourself down from heightened emotions? For me, I often listen to music, go for a walk alone, talk to my family or boyfriend, do some crafty things (even if I'm not so good at it! hahaha). Maybe you could try some new things for self-care if you feel the ones you have tried aren't working yet? 

Thinking of you and sending love your way Heart We're here for you! Hope you are doing much better.