cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage anxiety increasing by the day

Uh yeah so due to a heap of things happening for me at the moment I’m feeling very anxious a lot more than usual. I’m not sure how to manage this because what I think helps just makes it worse. Ok wrong statement it doesn’t make it worse but doesn’t really help much like it used to. 
And no I’m not seeing psych or anything at the moment 

1. the person I used to see lives behind me (Found that out by accident) and nope that’s difficult enough for my tiny mind to cope with, don’t get me started 
2. I don’t have that much money to pull out every week 

Re: How to manage anxiety increasing by the day

It sounds like you've been put in a really hard postion @Saltwaterdreamtime, and I've definitely felt the same sort of stress/anxiety when some things are going wrong and there's no easy fix. While self-care is a really good way to decompress, sometimes it's not as helpful as we'd like - especially when there are more tangible problems that were struggling with. Did you want to talk through things a bit more? Maybe then forums can help you come up with a solution to one of your problems Smiley Happy

Nothing bad is happening 

it’s just all different to what it used to be @Andrea-RO @I shouldn’t be anxious about it but I am 

oh I totally get where you're coming from @Saltwaterdreamtime, even yesterday I had a similar moment where I got really anxious about something that was out of my control, and it took a bit of time to sit with that anxiety and try and accept it. You mentioned that you aren't seeing a psych at the moment, would it be an option to start sessions by any chance? I know that in Vic we've got an additional 10 bulk billed sessions on top of our existing 10, because we experienced lock down (which is maybe the only good thing to have come out of that whole situaiton)

I’m not sure if it’s that bad @Andrea-RO 

Also I ended (on good terms) with my last one and it feels weird to go back. 

That's super fair @Saltwaterdreamtime, and I totally get what you mean. I think a lot of the time, especially if we've already been through therapy, it can feel really weird to go back. I've totally had conversations with some of my friends about this though, and I am a big advocate for even doing just 1 or 2 sessions - almost like a refresher course Smiley Happy It can be a good way to check back in, get a little bit of extra support and some coping strategies, and then you can get back to things with that little bit of extra security under your belt. 

Yeah good point, see the only issue is they need a new MH plan from me and then I will have to wait to see them. I did look at this a few months back, got the new my care plan, waited 8 weeks for an appointment, she kept going on leave so it took forever, then finally got my appointment (on the phone - ew, no friggen way) and I was fine by then and we agreed to finish up (for the second time) It took so long that by the time I waited everything was feeling better. I mean that obviously means I did pretty well to cope on my own through that ridiculous wait time but we did finish up, like I was all good then and when she asked if I wanted my file closed I was a confident yes. I think I just need some support around a few things but not that bad. I don’t know. Whatever. I’ll be fine. 

@Andrea-RO 

I can completely understand the frustration in that entire situation @Saltwaterdreamtime, my partner went through the same thing recently with waiting for them to become available, and especially transitions from face to face and online! It can be so overwhelming and unmotivating really! 
It is super awesome that you had the ability to manage what you were experiencing on your own! Have you found moments that have been a bit more complicated and you find yourself needing advice?

Opening back up the file, or moving to a new psych might frustrating, but you don't need to use them all the time, just when you feel like you might need an outside opinion Smiley Happy

Would you consider visiting the GP when you have free time to start a new plan up, or have you developed your own self care plan that you're happy with? 

@Kaylee-RO If they are still on the phone it’s a hard no I couldn’t do it 11 months ago and I’m not doing it now. It’s so ridiculous that you can’t get face to face mental health support but can go do everything else in the world. I can do essentially whatever I like except travel overseas but I can’t get help for my mental health in person it’s so ridiculous. my area hasn’t had cases since September or even earlier.
I don’t know, I just don’t know right now, part of me thinks dont worry about it

But it also isn’t getting better so 🤔