cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I don't want to be depressed again

I don't know if I'm just overthinking.

@Creativegirl12  -  I'm really sorry that today has been a crappy day for you. I can tell how frustrated you are from your last few posts. I have just been looking through some of your previous threads, and there are a lot of strategies (such as meditation, keeping a diary/journal) which you have either tried out yourself or have had suggested. You are very self-aware, and I know from your previous posts how determined you are to make things better Smiley Happy

It's really good that you're posting on here when you feel down. How long until your next appointment with the psychologist? Could you bring it up with them at your next appointment? In the meantime, do you have a friend that you could talk to about your day today? Don't forget about Kids Helpline (1800 55 1800) - you can talk to them for any reason if you need to.

Stay strong - I'm thinking of you! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi @Creativegirl12 It can be really tough when you feel like your friends arent there for you, but sometimes people dont have alot of understanding for other peoples emotions i know this can be incredibly frustrating. It sounds like you have a good understanding of your own emotions, perhaps your friend is just not as tuned in as you? But we are here to listen whenever needed

I want to see if I can get a appointment with the psych earlier if I can, I can check for any cancellations. It's after 1.5 weeks. 

I guess some people are scared of emotions and feel uncomfortable so they shut you out and wait until you're feeling better. Even if you say you're simply in a bad mood. Not everyone is going to be there when you need comfort, they won't even offer "I hope you feel better soon". The people who truly care are the ones who would truly stick by you. Even though my closest friends and family are oversea, I can at least communicate through messaging, skyping etc.

Hey @Creativegirl12 ,

It's great that you still feel like you can communicate with your closest friends and family who are overseas, sometimes technology is a great thing. The new snapchat lets you do video chat now too!

I found similar responses from people when I was going through a pretty bad time. I think that some people genuinely don't know how to respond, but I don't think it necessarily means they don't care. Especially if they haven't been through or seen someone go through a really difficult time. I think the other thing to remember is that different people like different support. For example, the people who leave you be when you're in a bad mood might like that if they were feeling the same. It's a tough place to be in when you want and need support though.

You said earlier that there are times when you know you can't be alone or in your room, which was awesome awareness by the way, could you reach out, even in just a friendly and general way to people at this time? Maybe some of these people may still help you just by being there and as a bit of a distraction? Keep your head up Smiley Happy

I do keep my social contact to a limit on these days. I would go to my classes, interact with people during those, spend my time trying to study (which doesn't work well), otherwise I waste a lot of time. I won't really hang out with my friends afterwards. Contact hours are pretty limited for what I'm doing as well.

Have you tried jumping onto the turning negatives into positives thread and trying to combat some of these thoughts? Sometimes just challeging the negative thoughts can make a big difference in your mindset Smiley Happy