cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I failed.

So yeah. I'm 80% sure I've failed a unit. Unless I ace the exam??? I dunno. I will never be a good teacher, I'll never pass uni and I suck.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Re: I failed.

Hey, 

I'm sorry to hear you're going through that stress Smiley Sad But i suppose theres still hope! You still have time to study for this exam. Even if you fail you can always retake it. Teaching is the goal? Go for it and chase your dream and never let anyone at your school or any comparison to HD students drag you down. You are worth and you can do it. 

I believe in you

@N1ghtW1ng it is so easy to feel this way when we underperform on a unit at uni; I 100% can relate to this. I am a really poor studyer and doing my post-grad am definitely struggling to execute. It's okay to feel disappointment and all of those feelings, and even though it's easy to be hard on yourself - try your best not to (cause you are awesome).

Failing exams etc doesn't mean you'll suck as a teacher. Total opposite. It means you have lived experience for a huge amount of your student's, you'll be able to help them identify their roadblocks. How are you feeling now around this?

Sorry for not replying @Bree-RO and @Serena_Yi it's been a hectic week.

I'm very afraid that I'm not cut out to be a teacher. Everything seems to be telling me that I won't be a good teacher. My prac, university, but I want to be a good teacher. Smiley Sad

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@N1ghtW1ng if you fail the unit can you retake it. And if you want to be a teacher go for it.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@N1ghtW1ng Don't be sorry! Smiley Happy Thats completely fine to feel that way, heck it's normal. I'm sure a lot of people in any degree feel the same way. (I sure do) Yes you can definitely redo units. But if you really want to be a good teacher even though it seems like everything is against it, let that drive your motivation to show em what you have got. If this is your passion and your dream never let anyone get in the way. (You may have heard but JK Rowling was turned down by 12 book publishers for Harry Potter and look at her now!) I understand it may feel hopeless now but I won't always be like that, I believe in you! 

Hey @N1ghtW1ng, I'm sorry that you're not feeling great at the moment.
I don't think that failing a class will make you a bad teacher. Actually, I think it'll mean that you can relate to your students that may be struggling to pass subjects in a whole new way. My sister has always had a tough time in school and I imagine she would have had a much easier experience in some classes if her teachers understood that passing won't always be easy and that sometimes it's okay to fall down. I hope you're feeling a bit better now, but let us know how it goes as we are all here for you <3

Hi @N1ghtW1ng

Uni and school and exams, everything is so stressful!

Please don't be too hard on yourself, one of my favourite quotes is 'sometimes a monkey falls from a tree' but what does a monkey do? It climbs straight back up! You can climb straight back up Smiley Happy We are only humans and anything that happens, we can really learn from it. I can see you're really passionate to become a teacher and not everyone has that drive! Please don't let papers or numbers or results determine whether you are cut out to be a teacher! There are so many important qualities that makes a good teacher like motivation, passion, empathy and you've definitely shown all those qualities! 

I can completely relate because I've broken down and had panic attacks about my results before but now I really feel stronger from it. 

Highlighted

Hey @N1ghtW1ng!

Really sorry to hear about your current situation 🙁 I know it sounds cliché, but just because you potentially fail a subject doesn't mean you're any less of a great teacher.

I know a friend who failed one of her education pracs and even though she was bummed out about the result at first, she didn't let it dictate her abilities as a teacher and instead, took time off to work at daycares and get more experience.

Honestly, if you're driven to do something, you will get there. Sure, there will be a few obstacles in the way, but if you learn from them, they will serve as valuable life lessons. ☺️

Don't give up! 

Just want to pop in and quickly say that failing does not mean that you cannot do something. It's like with anything else in life, if you fail at something you want to be good at, you keep trying it until you succeed.

Is this the unit that was all about theories and theorists? I had a unit last semester that was covering a bunch of different philosophers, and I remember one of the philosophers that we were studying was a guy who had to apply a few times to get into university, got in late/mature aged, failed something I think, was always an average student, and then had to apply a couple of times in order to do his research and everything. And this guy was the one with the ideas that most of the people in my unit seemed to understand. From what I heard when we were discussing essays, he was one that people were most keen on writing about because they got his ideas so much better than some of the others who were 'brilliant' from their starts.
Hard work counts for a lot in life.