cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I failed.

Hey @N1ghtW1ng. Failing a unit can be pretty tough, right? I have a few friends doing teaching who have to repeat units next year who feel just like you. But doing bad on a unit does not mean that you will be a bad teacher. Same as acing a unit doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a good teacher. Grades are grades. They are not a proper reflection on your teaching ability. Neither is one or two bad placements.

It sounds clear to me that you are very caring and passionate about working towards this career path. I feel like I can relate to you about not feeling cut out because I have seriously struggled and get anxiety. I actually had a mentor teacher tell me I was in the wrong career. And I had a parent yell at me for not doing my job right. But if I listened to them I wouldn't be where I am today or have received all the positive feedback from those who know me. 

Think of it like this - if you were a perfect teacher then you wouldn't need to do a teaching course. - you are learning and this is the time to practice and to fail. Most successful people today are only successful because they have experienced many failures. I believe in you! 

So what if it takes a little extra time before you can get that qualification certificate! It sucks but you will get there. It is not a block in the road, meerly a detour. xx 

@mspaceK It's so difficult to keep going. It definitely makes me feel like a bad teacher. I can't even do a proper lesson without failing. Smiley Sad I tutor kids but even then... I dunno. I feel like a cheat and I am going to be suffering tomorrow because I have an exam with short answer AND a long response question and my wrist is a piece of crap. Smiley Sad

I'm not very good at things.
Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng having met you and modded with you for the last year (plus like an actual million years on the forums together before that) I can say with absolute confidence that there are definitely a lot of things you're very good at. I know that's super hard to hear in moments where you're feeling really down on yourself, but you're a smart, passionate and funny person and I think you'll make an amazing teacher Smiley Happy

Just because the road to get to where you want isn't a straight path doesn't mean it isn't meant to be the path you go down, as other people on this thread have said you can always repeat the until if things go pear-shaped. Best of luck for your exam tomorrow Heart

@N1ghtW1ng - Take it slow. One thing at a time. I'm sorry to hear about your wrist. That sounds awful. You sound like you need a little motivational boost. 

I'm having a bad day.

Hey @N1ghtW1ng,that doesn't sound too great. Did you wanna talk about anything?

I don't really know what's wrong @FootyFan26, I didn't have the best day yesterday but it was too busy and I was too exhausted to deal with anything but today I just feel really ergh... It probably deserves it's own thread but I don't feel like I deserve it.

I think you deserve to make a new thread.

@N1ghtW1ng you deserve support just like everyone else so you definitely deserve to make a new thread about what's going on. If you don't want to that's okay too, we can always just chat on here or I can make one for ya. Smiley Wink

I wish I knew what was going on... I wish I was motivated enough to try and get better.