cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In love with my best friend

So pretty much I am in love with my best friend (m) and I (f) don’t know how to tell him, I want to tell him becaus I feel like he might feel the same way but I am so scared to tell him, don’t anyone have any ideas on how to tell him??

Re: In love with my best friend

Hi @tasminspeedd

First off, thanks for reaching out. It can be tough to talk about romantic feelings, so way to go for sharing!

Secondly, I think it is great that you want to talk to your friend about how you feel, and I totally understand how scary it can be. I would suggest just sitting down with him and being completely honest - he may feel the same way, and if he doesn't, then at least you have brought it up in a mature and casual way that makes it easy to move on from. 

Showing someone your feelings it one of the most vulnerable things you can do, so it will probably be a bit nerve-wracking. But vulnerability is also the birthplace of all the best things, including love. I remember when I told my best friend that I had feelings for her - it was daunting and scary, but now, we have been girlfriends ever since! 

Good luck, and remember that we are all here for you, no matter the outcome Smiley Happy 

Thankyou so much I will try and talk to him tomorrow at school @queenP 

Also I really happy for you your girlfriend I hope it turns out like that for me x @queenP 

hi @tasminspeedd
good luck with talking to your best friend, i hope there is a good outcome for you!
@queenP loved reading your post
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hi @tasminspeedd, how did your conversation with your friend go? 

Highlighted

@queenP I haven’t spoken to him yet, I haven’t had the time and I have been really scared to

@tasminspeedd that's completely okay, sharing your feelings is a scary thing!

Is there anything that you think will help you feel more confident in talking to him?

Here's a little bit of wisdom from my favourite researcher, Brené Brown:

“We cultivate love when we allow our most vulnerable and powerful selves to be deeply seen and known, and when we honour the spiritual connection that grows from that offering with trust, respect, kindness and affection."

Thinking of you, and here if you need to talk Smiley Happy 

@queenP i think i just need to be one on one with him and be alone with him and we haven't been able to do that.

Good luck @tasminspeedd Smiley Happy We're keeping our fingers crossed for you!