cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Need people to talk to, about anything please.

Hey @musicfan_xo  just wanted to jump on and say that I am sorry to hear that you are feeling lonely. It can be so hard when you feel like you are already working hard and then someone is pushing you. From what I have read here you are taking the steps you need to at your own pace which is totally fine. I can see that @Eden1717 has shared some of their experiences and provided some great support, and I reckon other community members will be able to relate to what you are going through

Highlighted

@Claire-RO thanks for that. Yes I'm trying to do things at my own pace. It just seems like my Psychiatrist doesn't understand. I'm  not trying to be rude or say anything bad about him or anything, I do appreciate it and know he's trying to help, and he can only do and suggest so much, I get that.

I did tell him that I have PTSD, which he diagnosed me with anyway and other diagnoseses, so this also makes me hesitant to study and other things because of what I went through at high school. I told him I ended up in hospital for my first surgery in November 2018 too and I think me being physically ill everyday in high school didn't help.

I want to say this to him but I don't want to be rude and upset him and have him drop me as a patient, etc.

That's true about people not being the right people. And just everything about making friends for me is hard @Eden1717 

Highlighted

@musicfan_xo  Your psychiatrist shouldn’t drop you as a client for saying that he isn’t understanding your needs, I am sure he is not doing it deliberately but people make mistakes and that is fine but he needs to know if he isn’t understanding so that he can be the most helpful he can be. As long as you are respectful in your approach it is ok to tell a professional they have misunderstood you and if they are a decent professional they shouldn’t “drop” you they should listen and work with you to try and understand better. 

As for the friends that does make things difficult I am not sure how to be helpful with that but you can always talk about how you are feeling and we will listen. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717 thanks for trying to help, I do appreciate it. It's hard for me too.

Is there any way to politely say to my Psychiatrist that i feel like he's not understanding and pushing me to do things?

@Claire-RO @Bre-RO 

Highlighted

Sorry @Andrea-RO , I forgot to tag you since I see you highfived one of my comments, apologies

Highlighted

Hey @musicfan_xo
I'm so sorry that you've started to feel that your psychiatrist isn't understanding you rn.
It's not a fun feeling, I've definitely been there before.

Is there any way that we can help?
Here for you Heart
Highlighted

Hey, thanks @xXLexi_Lou122Xx . I'm sorry you've been there before too, I hope you have a good professional who is kind to you, supportive, helpful and whatever other positive things you're looking for, if you are.

I've explained it to him numerous times that my PTSD etc is one reason why I'm not working &/or studying, & that I can't afford it, even if I get the DSP (I was rejected the 1st time, waiting to hear back from the 2nd time). Tried asking the NDIS if they have anything but the person just replied "check the website", um I did that, why else would I email you if I didn't find what I was looking for? So I found that a bit rude and unhelpful at the NDIS.

I understand my Psychiatrist is trying to help but first he tells me one thing at a time, one day at a time, baby steps so to speak, now he's just pushing me. I feel like he's going to drop me and get annoyed and whatnot. And I don't want to find another professional, a Psychiatrist or anyone really.

I still haven't seen that social worker, she changed the appointment to June 1, I don't know if that's over the phone or in person, I'll have to check up.

Sorry for my rambling response, thank you for popping in to say hi and asking how I am and if you can help, means a lot.

Is there any way I can say I feel like he's pushing me and expecting too much of me, without sounding rude?

I'll check back tomorrow sometime, thanks again. I'm here for you all too xx

Highlighted

@musicfan_xo  maybe say something like “ I really appreciate all the help but I feel like there may be a slight misunderstanding when it comes to X (thing that you thing he doesn’t understand) is it ok if we talk about X more to clarify some things?” Idk it really depends what you want to talk about but just try and use “I feel” statements instead of “you make me” statements. But that is just my thoughts someone else may have a better idea...

Highlighted

Sorry @musicfan_xo, my notifications are a little jumbled for some reason...

It's okay, I'm to read whatever rants you post, and I don't mind reading them. I chose to come to your thread and check in, because that's what friends are for! Heart

I completely agree with @Eden1717 though. Using 'I feel' statements are definitely better than using 'you make me' statements, when wanting to talk to a professional, or anyone really.

It does suck that you are feeling this way though. I'm still here for you, feel free to rant or just chat if you want. Just tag me wen you want to talk to me. Heart
Highlighted

Hello @musicfan_xo, I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with your psychiatrist. I think the best way to get your point across is to just tell him exactly how you are feeling (or as much as you are comfortable discussing with him). I think it is important to let him know that you have been feeling pressured and what this means to you. This will open up the discussion and you will be able to let your psychiatrist know that you would like things to go a bit slower. I think he will be happy to do whatever you are comfortable with.

I am sorry to hear that you have been waiting a while to hear back from the social worker and about the DSP. I hope you hear some good news soon Heart