cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Night Time

@honky music, watching tennis or footy, games on my phone, sometimes being on the games or hanging out parts of the forum, stuff where I really have to think about what I'm doing. When I'm in a headspace where I don't want to help myself it can be pretty frustrating though.

Can really hear your frustrations @FootyFan26. I hope you were able to get a good nights sleep last night. How are things looking today?

I had a sleep in which I don’t normally do but tonight has been just trying not to get that bad again.  I’m still listening to music but I can’t get the tennis to stream which I’d kinda annoying and frustrating.

I also kind of want to turn the music off but I know that won’t help.

Hi @FootyFan26

I'm sorry to hear you've been going through a tough time with your stepdad coming out of jail. We're always here to have a chat. Is there anything else you can do at the moment that might make you feel a bit better? Maybe something else on the list that you spoke to @honky about? On a side note, it also really bugs me too when I can't stream something I want to watch! The area I live in is notorious for getting the internet cut by accident! 

Here for you Heart 

At the moment I'm going over possible scenarios in my head of what's gonna happen and it's not great @missep.  The email notification broke my concentration for a second.  I just need a distraction before I go to bed.  I don't know what yet.

That's really tough @FootyFan26 Smiley Sad. I don't know if this would help, but have you spoken to your family about how they feel about him getting out of jail? Do you think they might be able to comfort you? 

Hmm… let's think of some distractions because sleep is definitely important! Have you tried the reading idea yet? Has that helped?

@missep All the books I have to read are not suitable for self-care Smiley Tongue  and no, I can't really talk to my family about my worries.

@FootyFan26, it's really good that you are aware of what can or can not be good for self-care! Smiley Happy
Ah I see okay we will have to brainstorm some other ideas then!

Highlighted

I think I just need to get to sleep.  I can't stop thinking about it.

hi @FootyFan26 i can definently understadn this! my nights are extremely hard. i jsut try to get through them as best i can and i also have alot of background noise on whether it be the tv, or some music in my earphones so its not disturbing anyone or if your on your own some gentle music just playing. 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**