cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW Feeling Miserable and Stuff

[A*@Tiny_leaf Hi! I’m switched in and I’m trying to not let R take over accidentally, but the sleepover went well, other than R sleeping in for quite a while (although today’s sleep in was worse than that).

I’m on here because I switched in to clean up stuff because R would probably procrastinate, but as part of organising to come out to a few of R’s friends, our mum was just on the phone to another friend’s mum to let her know that we’re trans, and some of the stuff I got told after the call is freaking me out a bit. This friend knows both Genevieve and R, but apparently she feels weird because Genevieve’s personality seems different after she came out. Don’t think I should be worried too much, but now I’m getting a bit paranoid that this friend will notice something different about us or act differently.

Other than being happier, the way R acts on the outside hasn’t changed much, so we should be fine, but now I’m getting worried about getting caught as a system (as unlikely as that is, but that’s meant to be R’s job).

Once I’ve done a few things on the outside, I’ll get R and maybe D to post.

Highlighted

Hi @SomeoneNADJS, well done on opening up to your friend. I can't imagine how scared you must have been. Throughout all of this, you have mentioned your Mum quite a lot. Your Mum sounds really supportive and caring, is that right?

If you are worried about the idea of things becoming different.. do you know whether it would be helpful for R to include this in their chat? (e.g 'I am still the same person, I don't want to be treated differently' etc). It might reassure all of you as well as your friend, although I understand if this concept seems a bit too forward and scary. Just so I understand, does only your Mum know that you are apart of a system? Heart My apologies in advance if I have misunderstood.
Highlighted

[R@Taylor-RO Thank you. Yes, she has been quite supportive. I'm not as worried as A* was, and she doesn't switch in often. This is still going to be a bit scary, but I think I'll be okay. Our mum doesn't know we're a system, only the online counsellors we haven't met in person.

Also thanks @Tiny_leaf Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS hi A*! And you're welcome R Smiley Happy

Sleeping in is nice.

What's probably happened is that Genevieve feels happier and more confident, and doesn't have to hide as much.

Honestly even if someone does notice and ask you about anything system related, you could probably just say it's related to being trans in some way and people won't question it.

Also just a reminder, most people don't know what a system is, and people who do understand tend to.. well.. understand.

But most people would be like "She's acting slightly different today. Anyway - ..." 

A system wouldn't even cross their mind, because they probably don't know what one is in the first place.

Basically what I'm attempting to say in my own weird way is that it's super unlikely that anyone will connect the dots, even if they did notice something different. 

Highlighted

[R@Tiny_leaf Thank you. I've admitted that my own fear of this might be irrational, but I can still see why A* would be worried.

I just got a message from our mum. There is a bushfire not far from our school. I find that a bit concerning.

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS I can definitely see why you and A* would be worried as well, but personally I have a habit of forgetting that other people don't know as much about me as I do...

Bushfires are.. definitely worrying. I keep getting nightmares about them..

Firstly, do you live far enough away that you're safe, or do you need to go anywhere?

And secondly, have you seen the coping with bushfires thread?

Highlighted

[R@Tiny_leaf Apparently the fire is now under control, which was quick. We don't live too close to the bush, and our school (which is basically in the middle of the bush) is about half an hour's drive away, so we're okay. Our grandfather's girlfriend who we're going to see when we go to Victoria is close to a fire zone though, so she's staying with her son. I hope her house will be okay.

I haven't seen that thread, no.

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS that's good.

And I hope so too..

The thread's here if any of you want to check it out: https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Something-s-not-right/Bushfires-How-to-cope/m-p/376391#M64626

Highlighted

[R] Thanks @Tiny_leaf.

I’m kind of annoyed now because I’ve been waiting for QLife for one and a half hours and no one came. I have an appointment tomorrow with an IVF psychologist that I’m dreading, and now I feel awful because I read a bunch of stuff James Shupe wrote while I was waiting.

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS that sucks...

Idk who that person is but I assume they're transphobic...?