cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW Feeling Miserable and Stuff

[R@Maddy-RO Thank you Smiley Happy I’m not sure if you understood some of what I meant. What I meant about the non-disordered systems is that almost everything about plurality that is often known about is stuff about DID (and that stuff is often inaccurate). I feel like I can’t talk about this sort of stuff with anyone on the outside (unless it’s online and anonymous). We’re not a DID or OSDD (a similar disorder) system, but it’s just I hate how there’s stigma around it and how all of us plus those in other systems have to worry about stigma around plurality, especially when all most other people would know is misconceptions around those disorders. For us specifically, we all like being plural and it’s a really good thing, but it can be hard sometimes.

I also meant that socially the way I feel like I need to act on the outside has to reflect how I used to be in a way, and hiding how I’ve changed as a person. I still want to transition, but I don’t want to feel compelled to act in ways that I don’t feel comfortable with. That’s what I meant when I said I didn’t feel comfortable with our male or female personas on the outside. It also doesn’t help that I’m still terrified to talk to other people about these things a lot of the time. I am seeing a psychologist (I’m the only one in our system who has been dealing with medical professionals), but last time didn’t go well and I’m a bit scared to go there again.

I was feeling worse (back to suicidal, rather than simply wanting to be inactive) not long ago, so A wanted me to go on Kids Helpline or something, but I ended up procrastinating instead.

I’m sorry if I misunderstood what you meant by anything in your reply. I’m tired and didn’t sleep well again last night.

Highlighted

[A*] I switched in a while ago, and now my dysphoria is worse than R’s was. And I hate these hair extensions. I thought I might like them, but I personally don’t. I’m not feeling great, poor R having to deal with this so often. This really sucks.

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS stigma really sucks.. Smiley Sad I'm so sorry you all have to deal with that..

You mentioned not wanting to feel compelled to act in certain ways, are you able to describe how you're being pressured to act? 

@Maddy-RO also just so you know, the term "transsexual" can often be seen as overly medicalised, and puts the focus more on biological/ physical sex traits, so a lot of people prefer transgender or just trans.

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS I just missed your post A, sorry about that..

Dysphoria sucks... is there something specific that's bothering you at the moment?

Highlighted

@SomeoneNADJS Are you ok tonight?

Tom

Highlighted

Hey @SomeoneNADJS! I haven’t spoken to you guys in ages! (Sorry about that!) Just checking in to see how you are doing Smiley Happy hope you’re ok! Heart
Highlighted

[R@Tiny_leaf I feel like I’m supposed to fit into society’s expectations of how I have to act, and I feel like now from what our mum has been saying to me (and more recently to A*), and from our fears of transphobia and misogyny, that we’ll be forced to act differently in the future. At the moment, I’m feeling like I’m having to act in the same way as I used to, because I heard one friend has been worried about another friend of ours (who is trans), because she (the second friend) has been acting differently ever since she came out, and I don’t want to lose friends over that. I’m not even sure what being myself would look like anymore, because I feel like there’s no escaping that pressure.

@TOM-RO I’m mostly okay at the moment. I’m a bit dysphoric though.

@Bananatime04 Hi! That’s alright. I’ve been finding things a bit tough recently, but I think we’re all doing better than we were a couple of months ago. How about you?

Highlighted

I’m really happy to hear you can identify that you have made some improvements @SomeoneNADJS and can still see that you’re not quite at your best yet. Sorry to hear you’re finding things so tough lately Smiley Sad that’s not easy to deal with on your own but we’re always here for you whenever you need! Do you have anything on your mind tonight?

I’m good thank you for asking! Heart
Highlighted

[R@Bananatime04 I think I’ve written down in here most of what’s on my mind at the moment, but since I probably won’t be asleep for another few hours, I might be on here a bit later if I need to (or someone else, depending on if we switch at some point).

That’s good to hear Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Sorry I am not updated on your thread @SomeoneNADJS Smiley Sad
I’m still here for you if you need anyone to talk to tonight or anytime at all Smiley Happy I don’t sleep much so don’t feel bad if you need to tag me at a late hour! Heart