cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: How to deal with friends leaving me, and all the stress of assignments, family, and bullying

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx,

Sounds like yesterday was a big day! So great to hear you met the school psychologist- is she someone you would be comfortable to talk to in future?

Good luck with the speech! We would love to hear how you go Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Re: TW: How to deal with friends leaving me, and all the stress of assignments, family, and bullying

I decided to not go for the leadership position I wanted.

My teacher who organises it all didn’t quite give me the support she said she would, with either decision.

I told her, and she said that the other 2 people there at the time with me, had made time and space to write their speeches, and that they were serious about the position. As if I wasn’t. Even mum agreed that I was taking it more seriously than my teacher thought.

This hurt, knowing that I already said that I was sorry if I let anyone down. She just made me feel like a mistake to the human race...

I know, I shouldn’t take it to heart, but I am a sensitive person. Especially when it’s my week of femaleness per month...

I put in a lot of effort, and then my dreams get crushed. I purposely chose to not go for it, but it still hurts, after what she said. And she told me this before school started, making my day ruined. I even started getting dizzy...
It’s just my life really. One person builds me up, then knocks me down again. All the time, every time. All my life.

I’m safe. Sadly.

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx

I am so sorry to hear what happened, it sounds like your teacher was being unfair on you, particularly due to the amount of work you were doing on your speech leading up to today, as well as how excited and serious you were about this responsibility. 

Even if it might not change the situation, I think it might be a good idea to explain to your teacher that she had the wrong impression, and that you did in fact work very hard for this role. you can ask your mum for some help in maybe writing a letter where you can properly explain yourself, and how you feel about the whole situation. It might even help to include the speech you did write!

Hey @Andrea-RO.
I can agree with that idea, except for the fact that I didn’t have a speech written. I just copied and pasted my nomination form typing, and tried to figure out how to expand on it, without much success.

However, I could explain what happened, instead of attaching my ‘speech’. But I probably don’t need to say that here.

I would talk/write to her, but I can’t really. I just feel like she’ll take it the wrong way again, or just not support me the way she’s supposed to. I say “supposed to”, because it’s part of her job.

I don’t feel very great tonight, but I’m okay. I currently have a headache, and at school today, I had a small dizzy spell. I did feel sick as well, but it was too close to home time to go to the sick bay.

I’ll probably log off soon, but I’ll stay up a bit later for now.

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx 

I'm sorry to read what happen with your teacher, that must have been so disheartening for you- I can see that it really put you in a low mood last night. It also probably didn't help that you had a headache. How are you feeling today? Heart 

Hey @Bre-RO.
Yeah... it hurt a lot. But after what one of the nominees for leadership did today, I know that my teacher is very wrong about that candidate.

I decided that I will email my teacher later tonight, and explain that her assumption was not a fair one.

Yeah, my headache didn’t help. I’m okay, I guess. I got a bit bashed up in HPE today, but that was because I was in the way of someone else, and I didn’t see them coming. They bashed into me, and only because they couldn’t slow down in time. Before that, someone threw a ball to me, but I wasn’t watching, and it hit me in the side of my head.

I sat out after that. I started to get dizzy as well, so I lay down next to a friend. I nearly passed out, and my friends also said that I was as white as a ghost. I didn’t though, just very drowsy. I think it was because of my head knock in HPE, but I also had a huge headache before HPE.

I’m fine now, but I am very tired and feeling sick. I’ll probably head to bed soon, but I wouldn’t mind talking to someone, just for a while. Even if it’s about life.

@Taylor-RO, do you have any tips on how to get rid of unwanted drowsiness?

Apart from the obvious, getting a good sleep, is there anything to help wake me up? I think I have a fair bit of burn out...

Hi @xXLexi_Lou122Xx 

Just wanted to check in and see how you were feeling today. I also thought I would share some of my tips when I am feeling sleepy and not being able to wake up easily.

I make sure that I don't' snooze my alarm and when i first get up I splash cold water on my face. I find that if I am able to get outside the day before the fresh air helps me have the proper amount of sleep and I have more energy and motivation to get up the next day. I also try not to not go on my phone first thing in the morning. Hope they help Smiley Happy

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx, how did you go with emailing your teacher? It can help to put things into perspective sometimes.. but it sucks that your teacher misread the situation. Head knocks and headaches surely can't help with feeling good at all. In regards to drowsiness, do you mean when you wake up in the morning or throughout the day? I would be happy to help if I can Smiley Happy

Hey @Claire-RO.
Thank you for the tips!

Today was absolute trash! And so was last night, but that wasn’t as bad as today.
Last night, my boyfriend broke up with me, with only 2 texts. The first 1, said ‘hay’. The next said ‘we are over”. My ex is a coward. Breaking up with a girl over the phone with 2 texts is not the way to go. If you wanna break up with me, do so to my face! Or at least over a call! My first ex was smart enough to do that. I wasn’t too hurt, but that’s because I know that I’m still only young. But I now have 2 exes, and that scares me.

And because he broke up with me, I became numb. Then today, at morning tea, I was playing tiggy, with my friends, and he was in the group too. We don’t hate each other, he just couldn’t date me. So I chased him to maths, as we have the same class. A girl said that I am a bitch and saying that I still love him, I lost it. I stopped chasing him, and just hid myself. I feel so hurt, and I still do. I took my hair out of its plaits, then hid in my hair. The entire lesson, all I could hear was people talking about me. They probably weren’t, but it felt like it.