cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous

Re: TW I really really hate myself

@Bananatime04 I'm so sorry for your recent losses. Good luck with the move today, I'm thinking of you ♥️

Thank you so much @Anonymous 🥺❤️

Hey @Bananatime04 

It's so nice to hear from youSmiley Very HappyI am a new builder on this forum so nice to meet you Smiley Happy and no wonder you haven't seen me around before. By the way, Whimer is definitely not my real name hahahaha just to confirm that I am anonymous.

And yes, everyone's experiences are unique and different from others. We all have different life experiences and different personalities that lead to different ways of thinking... and I definitely agree with you when you say no one understands you or knows the feeling of your struggle. I guess what I was saying was that are a lot of people out there who struggle with the broader depression and self-hate, but it's true that we all struggle in different ways. And no two people are the same.

I see you mentioned KHL, and I myself talk to KHL on a regular basis as well. Most of the time I found them helpful. And I am glad that you were happy with your call!

So tonight you will be leaving the state and saying goodbye to your family - I can't imagine how difficult this would be for you. And it's totally okay and reasonable to freak out... Would you mind sharing a little bit more on this?

If you would like, I could share a little bit of my experience on leaving my family when I was 13. It was definitely not an easy thing, even till this day when I've been living away from my parents for almost six years... I still wouldn't say that I've got used to this. But I would say that it is a precious and unique life experience for me, to be away from my parents at such an early age... it taught me so much that I wouldn't be able to learn otherwise. That said, it was indeed a very difficult experience psychologically to me as well.

And if you don't feel like you are close to recovery, even though other people say you're getting stronger, even though you've tried numerous strategies and none of them worked, that is okay... And it's also okay to believe that you will never get better. As long as you are staying safe, then it's okay to not be okay.

Thank you for your post and I enjoyed chatting with youHeart

@Whimer oh! Well welcome to the forums Heart

haha I didn’t expect it to be your name! My name isn’t ‘banana’ or ‘time’ or ‘bananatime’ Smiley Tongue

Of course I can explain! I don’t expect you to read through my whole thread but I can summarise.. I live in Tasmania, and I’m moving to nsw tonight/tomorrow for my parents work. We’re going for 2 years and we are going because it’s a well paid job. I was originally staying with my dad (I live with my mum and step dad, my parents got divorced when I was 4) but my dad said out of the blue, my dog Eddie can’t stay there. I can’t live without Eddie, he stops me from taking my life and so much more. But it’s okay because now I’m getting a fresh start.. but I’m not keen.

I’m not leaving my parents (I’m moving with my mum and step dad) but if you would like to share your experience or what helped you, I would still be happy to hear Smiley Happy thank you

I saw a quote today.. ‘if you’re not recovering, you are dying’ Smiley Sad

That’s for eating disorders, that quote..

Hey @Bananatime04 , they say moving house is up there will one of the most stressful experiences a person will have in their life. not only are you moving houses, but you are also moving to a different state so its understandable you are feeling unsettled at the moment. Do you have things that you are doing to help you feel more grounded? Its also sad to hear your dog cant stay with you at your dads place, but i'm glad you are able to move to your mum's where you can have him with you Smiley Happy 

Hey @Bananatime04 

Thanks for your summary Smiley Happy

It could be so difficult for you to leave Eddie... especially he’s been so close to you. And along with that you’re moving to a new place and relocation is one of the most stressful life events that people would find. I wish your journey with relocating will just be relatively smooth with your parents moving with you...

For me, one of the biggest things that’s been helpful was that I would think of the positive things that would come with my relocation to another country. For example, I used to argue with my parents in a daily basis, but since my relocation and the physical distance between my parents and I, we have all taken the time to reflect on our last relationships, and we’ve all taken a step back to appreciate the precious time that my parents and I will see each other. And now, after almost six years of my relocation, we’ve all become more tolerant towards each other. 

What would you think might work for you?

Heart

I’m on the boat now and I’m absolutely shitting myself.. can someone plz give me some tips to calm down? I’m like panicking really badly.

I can’t reply while I’m like this 😰

Hey @Bananatime04 

Try a few very very deep breaths and see if it works for you. It worked very well for me when I was overwhelming anxious. It didn't necessarily calm my mind down but it definitely calmed my brain down a little bit.

Any reasons why you are panicking? Or if you happen to have any meditation apps on your phone, such as smiling mind and headspace, even just try a one-minute meditation session and see if it helps.

I hope you will be feeling a bit calmer very soon.

hey @Bananatime04 ! Whats causing you to feel panicked? ... if you want to calm yourself, it might be helpful to start with focussing on your breathing. 4 seconds in, hold for 4 seconds, and then 4 seconds out. You can also try to describe your surroundings, count the colours around you ...etc. You could also try a muscle relaxing exercise where you start with you toes, clench them for 10 seconds, and then release... Do this going up each body part. Do you think those might be helpful? If you feel its urgent you can always call Kids Helpline or Beyond Blue, or 000 if you feel its urgent? Smiley Very Happy I know this feeling will pass, eventually.