Builder

Re: Creativity / Community Art

@stonepixie that's awesome
Mod

@stonepixie that is beautiful!! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy I love the colours.
Mod

@stonepixie I love it! So bright and colourful - perfect for spring weather Smiley Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

I'd like to share this Lino Printing I made early last year. I unintelligently forgot to take a photo of the actual print but here's the etching I made. It's probably the piece of artwork that I am most proud of making.
I hope you guys like!thumb_IMG_7326_1024.jpg

Mod

That's so cool @winston_abdi, I'm sure the picture was even better Smiley Happy
Community Manager

Very cool @winston_abdi! How do lino prints work? Do you just paint over the etching and press it on paper? How do you stop the paint from going in the cut-out bits?

Builder

Hey @ElleBelle

They work pretty much just like you said. You use a special type of roller to create an even coat of ink over the etching. Sometimes paint will get into the cut out bits, but its all dependant on how much ink you use and how hard you press it down to the paper. A lot of the process involves finding the perfect amount of ink and pressure. 

ET459-500x500.jpg
You then use a machine much like this one to physically press the etching down onto the paper. 
The end results are pretty cool, and theres a lot of decision work that goes into what type of lino, how hard to press and exactly which parts to cut out. It's definitely an enjoyable thing to do. 

Mod

@winston_abdi linels are pretty cool, although not everywhere uses the machine. In Switzerland, we actually used a stamp thing and ran it all around the paper to press instead of the machine doing it for us. Pretty fun Smiley Happy
Super star contributor

[ Edited ]

image.jpeg

Everyone has done such cool art Smiley Happy 

This is what I made today because I was not feeling great (pretty sure it doesn't violate guidelines? I'll delete it if it does though!) 

Builder

Top High Fived Authors