cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ask A Pro Live: Life after Social Isolation

Unity Isolation GIF by MarchForOurLives

It's safe to say that 2020 has been a weird year. It has been a lot and going into social isolation has weighed really heavy on people. Now most of us are at a stage where restrictions are lifting, which brings a whole new set of concerns and challenges for many people. 

This chat will most likely be quite broad as COVID-19 and social isolation has impacted people in different ways. Whether it's difficulty getting back into routine, social anxiety, weight gain, depression, study stress or work - we got you.  

This month we are inviting our special guest Dr Joe to the forum to chat about how to stay well post social isolation. Read on to learn a little bit about our guest: 

''Dr Joe is a psychologist who has worked for many years with young people in Australia doing face to face counselling.

He is passionate about the strengths of young people and working with them to get through tough times.

Though he ran with bulls for fun and nearly died in Spain, being European he has a very real and rational fear of sharks''

It's going to be a great conversation and I'm sure we will all walk away from it feeling better equipped to cope. We'll be chatting live on the 23rd of July so put it into your calendar and we'll see you there! 

Join us live on the 23rd of July from 7:00pm - 9:00 pm (AEDT). 

Highlighted

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Life after Social Isolation

Heya community! Just wanted to pop a quick message in here about this upcoming chat. 

As most of us would know, Victoria has been required to go back into lock down as cases start to peak again. We realize this chat is about coping with life after social iso but we also want to acknowledge that part of adapting to the current situation, is finding some kind of acceptance that things may be up and down for awhile. It isn't easy but we will continue to get through this together. 

Highlighted

@Bre-RO  I appreciate your acknowledging this, thank you so much!

Highlighted

Aw @Tay100 sending you lots of strength to get through this hard time!! Feel free to send through some questions about having to go back into lockdown etc 

Also, just had to make a little edit to your post for safety! Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

@Bre-RO I'm ok, I'd just like to hear what a professional has to say. And thanks, I appreciate it!

Highlighted

Hi there ReachOut community!

Just a reminder to get your questions in for this week's Ask A Pro using the google form above Smiley Happy

We are so excited to have Dr Joe on board for this discussion!

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

It is really helpful hearing from a professional with things like this @Tay100 If you pop your questions in the form in the post, he will be able to give some insights/tips I'm sure Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Hey @Bre-RO would I be able to get a reminder for when this chat starts please? Like just a tag.. I feel like I’m gonna forget and I really wanna read what everyone says Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hey there, everyone! We are super excited to be welcoming Dr Joe @GuestPsychologist  for tonight's Ask A Pro! We'll be kicking off around 7pm, so just wanted tag people who may be interested. We've had some fantastic questions come in and it looks like it should be a great chat! 

@Bananatime04  @Tay100  @lemurien  @Saltwaterdreamtime  @xXLexi_Lou122Xx  @MB95  @letsheal  @Hozzles  @Tiny_leaf  @LeapofFaith  @StormySeas17  @JullyBean  @Ezle  @Lottie @Kittybal  @Lost_Space_Explorer5  @WheresMySquishy @N1ghtW1ng 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

totally true - its an ever changing environment for us all - the only certainty is change! Looking forward to the chat tonight!