cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

originally posted on 04-03-2020 8:46 PM

@AnthonyBisexual Yeah! I've actually seen some people attempt to do that in the past. Like, 'I'm 25% gay and 75% straight'. I'm not even sure how something as fluid and intangible as sexuality can be measured in percentages...

I agree @AnthonyBisexual. I think you can be bisexual but have your own preferences and ideas about what you look for in a partner. It's not about 'how straight' or 'how gay' you are.

originally posted on 04-03-2020 8:13 PM

@Hozzles  Pride should be for everyone. It should be a celebration of the whole community.
I think that kind of discrimination can really affect people and make them feel like they're not welcome. 😞

originally posted on 04-03-2020 8:10 PM

Wow, it would be so hard to constantly have to come out and justify your sexuality over and over again. It sounds exhausting and it just highlights how important it is for the wider LGBTIQA+ community to be inclusive. 

Sending lots of solidarity and strength to the Bi community Heart 

Stay Strong GIF by memecandy

originally posted on 04-03-2020 7:49 PM

Welcome @Hozzles happy to have you here with us Heart 

@AnthonyBisexual Thank you for pointing that out - it would be so hard when you start to internalise the stereotypes/discrimination that is put out there by people who don't understand bisexuality.

originally posted on 04-03-2020 7:53 PM

yes for sure and we can start to patholigise ourselves, we start to think negatively about ourselves. Or... we become anxious about coming out to people as bisexual because of their assumptions and negative ideas that people may hold, so we withhold our disclosures in order to stay safe from discrimination, its not to be 'secretive or deceptive' which is another myth

originally posted on 04-03-2020 7:46 PM

discovery channel lol GIF

Hozzles
Star contributor

originally posted on 04-03-2020 7:43 PM

Hey all! And nice to meet you, @AnthonyBisexualSmiley Very Happy I'm glad I could pop in, as a member of the LGBT+ community myself I've seen so much discrimination towards bi people even within the community. Creating awareness is very important, as we're all in this together!

Just going to take a moment to catch up on the posts, ahah!

originally posted on 04-03-2020 7:45 PM

Hi @Hozzles! So glad you could join this chat! 🙂

originally posted on 04-03-2020 7:31 PM

great answer @AnthonyBisexual

I consider myself to be bisexual but im wondering if I would still be Bi if im not attracted to Trans males/females?
absolutely nothing against them at all and I have a few friends who are Trans but I don't really ever get attracted to them
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

originally posted on 04-03-2020 7:35 PM

It is really up to you to decide how you define yourself and use the term bisexual. Bisexuality or Bi+ can sometimes be used as an umbrella term to refer to people who are multi-gender attracted. Which specific genders you are attracted to is totally up to you and that's fine. People has thought that Bisexual is, by definition, is transphobic but this is definitely not the case. The word 'bisexual' has copped so much criticism which is why some people now use the term 'pansexual'

originally posted on 04-03-2020 7:49 PM

@AnthonyBisexual ugh, yes! One thing that annoys me the most, which is kind of related, is the term 'gold-star lesbian'. I see it go around a lot in the community. Like, you're somehow 'less gay' for being with men as well? It's frustrating! Smiley Sad

I love the what you said about 'bi people aren't confused, everyone else is confused about bi people' So true!

originally posted on 04-03-2020 7:57 PM

oh yes i hear that term as well, there is also the term 'gold-star gay' which means a male who has never had sex with a woman, and then there is 'platinum gay' for men who were born via a cesarean and so never passed though a women's vagina, therefore being more 'pure' gay.....this is so sick and gay misogyny is real! its sexist and biphobic and well as other phobias

originally posted on 04-03-2020 8:03 PM

I've heard of the "gold star lesbian/gay" but wow platinum is taking it to a whole new level. 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Hozzles
Star contributor

originally posted on 04-03-2020 8:06 PM

There's also the myth that bi people can't date/ be attracted to trans or non-binary people, which I think might relate to another question?

originally posted on 04-03-2020 8:03 PM

Gay misogyny is definitely a thing that needs to be talked about more! There's so many stereotypes within the community that no one seems to want to address. Smiley Sad

I'm not sure if you mentioned it (I was on my phone before and just moved to my laptop, ahah), but another stereotype I can think of is: all bi woman are actually straight and just want male attention, and all bi men are secretly gay and just in the closet. Ugh, again there's that misogyny. 

originally posted on 04-03-2020 8:09 PM

yes great that's another common Myth, apparently we are all really wanting to end up with men!!

originally posted on 04-03-2020 8:45 PM

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been here yet.

I'm not really available for this chat, but I'll be around tomorrow to look through it. ❤

No problems at all @xXLexi_Lou122Xx Heart 

Bre-RO
Uber contributor

originally posted on 04-03-2020 8:05 PM

@Hozzles Yep that is another really harmful myth! It sucks that people spread those ideas but on the flip side it's so great that we have awesome people like Anthony to bust the myths and give the truth about the Bisexual community Heart 

originally posted on 04-03-2020 8:12 PM

Thank you and it seems that there are such great political and compassionate minds on here so lets spread the positive bi-vibes!!

originally posted on 04-03-2020 8:02 PM

@AnthonyBisexual  Smiley Surprised I've never heard that term before but wow, I'm floored.

originally posted on 04-03-2020 7:53 PM

@Hozzles  I've seen something similar too! I've heard people say that if you identify as a particular member of the LGBTIQA+ community, you're not allowed to like certain things.
It's confused me so much. I think that everyone is different and should be allowed to talk about what they think is attractive to them.

originally posted on 04-03-2020 7:57 PM

I love what you said here @WheresMySquishy 

I think that everyone is different and should be allowed to talk about what they think is attractive to them.

positive do it GIF by Denyse®

originally posted on 04-03-2020 7:37 PM

thank you @AnthonyBisexual

great! @Bre-RO sounds good
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**