cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WW Activity - Random Acts of Kindness -16 Jan 2019

Wellbeing Wednesday Activity - Random Acts of Kindness 

This week we are talking about Acts of Kindness. 

We all know this intuitively and through our own experiences, but there is now a lot of evidence for the benefit of performing acts of kindness! When you do something nice for someone else, it can really have a positive effect on your own well being.  And of course, when someone does something kind for you, it feels great!  

6360396707841884501511384440_kindness-1080x776.jpg

This week, do one kind act for a stranger, or someone you know, out of the blue. Share and report back if you'd like! 

Here's a list of ideas around acts of kindness  - what can you add to the list?! 

1. Pay for the coffee of the person behind you 
  2. Send a postcard or letter to a friend you’ve not spoken to in forever
  3. Buy someone flowers just because 
  4. Apologise to someone
  5. Let someone know you are thinking of them
  6. Finally get around to calling your sister/besty/elderly aunt to have a chat
  7. Let someone know their strengths or how much you appreciate them
  8. Give a stranger your seat
  9. Leave a book in a public place with a “take me I’m free” note
  10. Who is your most selfless friend?  Do something amazing for them
  11. Listen, without interrupting, to someone’s story or problem.  Let them talk.  They’ll feel better
  12. Plant a tree or edible plant 

Let's share the love and kindness Heart

To get involved in more Wellbeing Wednesday Activities, you can check out this thread!

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Re: Wellbeing Wednesday Activity - Random Acts of Kindness 16 Jan 2019

im not to sure if this counts but on monday i helped an elderly lady cross the road because she couldnt get her walker up and down from the guttering
@Jess1-RO
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I remember at the beginning of last month I was on the way back home from the city, and some random man approached me who said that he had his wallet stolen and asked for money to get home. After fluffing around for a little while, I got him an opal card with $10 on it and gave him another $10 for food. I think that was reasonable and I felt good about it afterwards.

(He also wanted my contact to pay me back, which I didn't give him, because I'd rather stay anonymous and have it be a random act of kindness).

One time last year I wrote little notes saying nice quotes and left them all around middle school. I dunno why I did it but it felt good when I finished Smiley Happy
Naw that's lovely @mrmusic @scared01

that was really generous of you esp snce ive noticed people struggle to give gold coins away to those who ask. @mrmusic

that was really sweet of you @annabethxchase

That absolutely counts @scared01  - what a kind thing to do for a stranger!! Heart

@mrmusic that is such a thoughtful and lovely thing to do for that man that approached you. 

Thanks for sharing with us. It feels pretty good to be kind , which is a great perk Heart

thank you @gina-RO Heart

@annabethxchase thats so thoughtful  -making so many people's days . 

Does anyone have any ideas of things you could do this week as an act of kindess? 

I've been thinking about what I could do, and thought I would bake cookies for my housemates this week ! Smiley Happy

That sounds lovely @gina-RO <3