cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT]: Eating Healthy

What are some tips and tricks/strategies you use to keep yourself eating well?

I try to drink well first and keep myself hydrated then just eat smaller portions of things that aren’t healthy, I also try not to beat myself up too much if I eat something that’s not great because it is allowed, just a little bit though.

What are some tips and tricks/strategies you use to keep yourself eating well?

In my experience the trick is to create habits - once you're used to doing something it becomes 100 times easier. Not going grocery shopping while you're hungry, and sticking to the outskirts of the supermarket (don't go up and down the aisles unless you need a specific thing - most of the junk food is kept in there). Also setting aside enough time in the morning or the evening before to prepare snacks/lunch for the coming day

I feel like excercise is such a good motivator for eating healthy, because if you go for a run I feel like you don't want to undo all that hard work with eating before food that is bad for you. I always eat better when I'm training!

@ErinsAntics yes to water bottles! People always comment on me being so organised because I never leave the house without one Smiley Tongue

How can we eat healthy when we are out and about?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

I'm going to head out now guys, I kinda abandoned the chat and got distracted. But thank you for a great chat, will read the rest later Smiley Happy

Come have a chat about ROUTINES in our weekly Getting Real
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

Make your own lunch and bring it or order an entree sized portion instead of main.

Keeping small healthy snacks in your bag, staying hydrated throughout the day, choosing healthier options/smaller portion sizes when you do eat out, asking friends for support (there's nothing worse than ordering a salad and then the other person orders a large serving of chips, which you can see and smell but can't taste hahaha)

@Bee no worries! Take care, and thanks for joining in tonight Smiley Happy

If I decide to buy lunch or dinner out I tend to stick to healthier options like sushi or Chinese or if I want a burger I will go to gourmet burger place like Grilled. I think its a matter of looking at your options and finding one that is yummy but still healthy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here to start a topic

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 160 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors