cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [GR]: Self Positivity! 21st October at 7:30pm AEDT

Time for the next question!

How can we be more positive towards ourselves?

TeaBag happy kawaii tea cup GIF

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a Getting Real chat to do with Dating Anxiety on Monday the 20th of January at 7:30pm AEDT! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

I'm going to spam us with RO content for this one! Smiley LOL 

There's a bunch of articles about self-talk and self-awareness here!

A really awesome one about how to recover from making mistakes here!

There's also another RO page that talks about a girl named Sarah, and how she overcome her negative self-talk and the role this played in her recovery Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a Getting Real chat to do with Dating Anxiety on Monday the 20th of January at 7:30pm AEDT! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

There's also this awesome infographic for changing the way you speak to yourself Smiley Very Happy Heart

3 ways to talk yourself up

I've been trying to identify errors in my thinking. Sometimes, I think that bad things are definitely going to happen, when I really don't know whether they will happen or not. I think that sometimes my emotions get in the way of my reasoning, so I've been trying to see things more objectively.
Here are some good resources for this.
I have also been trying to say to myself that I am trying my best and sometimes I can't prevent things that are out of my control.
I think that having a good support network can really help with identifying your strengths. Good supports tend to see me better than how I see myself. I think it's great to have times where you tell other people how much you appreciate them, and they say good things about you in return.

By taking some time off for ourselves, in my opinion. I notice that spending some time with ourselves can really be helpful in getting the help that we need. Self-care is important in getting self-positivity. And one of the things that I think, is important and the best self care and self-positivity activity. Is to reach out for help whether it be through talking to someone about your feelings, going online to go to forums such as this one we're communicating on to talk about your experiences and just in general getting counselling through loved ones, your school counsellor and services available. 

In my opinion, reaching out for help is the biggest declaration of self-love. Because you are saying to yourself, I need this for myself and I want to love myself and focus on myself. In a way, that's the first step in a way to getting to self-positivity. Reaching out. 

@ApplesRoses  I agree. Sometimes, we can be so busy doing things for other people that we neglect ourselves and stop doing self-care.
That's a beautiful way of thinking about asking for help. Heart

[R] I'm not too sure about this one, but I'll try to give an answer. I think that it might help to realise that everyone make mistakes and that your perception of yourself might not reflect how you actually are. Again, I know this is a lot easier said than done, and learning to be more positive towards ourselves can take a while.

[A] R wasn't sure what else to say, but I think being able to accept yourself for who you are can be a big help. The fact that you want to be more positive towards yourself can also be a step in the right direction. This can be a bit of a journey.

@SomeoneNADJS  I totally agree that we can often have a distorted view of ourselves and that accepting ourselves can be an ongoing process and rarely happens immediately. Heart

@WheresMySquishy awesome infographic! Smiley Very Happy 

@ApplesRoses i really like how you've emphasised the importance of being connected in building self-love. Acknowledging that you deserve love and support Heart

@SomeoneNADJS totally agree! Accepting that everyone is only human, and therefore makes mistakes, is part of being gentle with ourselves. Self-acceptance is also a big part of self-positivity!

Here's our last question:

Who do you look up to for self-positivity?

giphy