cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Books! and all things writing!

Hey everyone! 

I used to be a big reader and writer (mostly poetry) but lost my love for it a couple of years ago Smiley Sad but I really want to get back into both of those things!

So I was thinking we could make a thread about all things books and writing ideas to help inspire others who want to read or give writing their own stories, songs, poetry, or anything a go!

Highlighted

Re: Books! and all things writing!

Love to hear what everyone's book recommendations are

Highlighted

Awesome thread idea!

I recently bough Sally Rooney's Normal People and I never read a book faster. It seems so cliched but it really isn't. the characters are so relatable and their internal dialogues are just fascinating.

10/10 recc

Highlighted

How It Feels to Float is such a good book! It's written by an Australian female and deals with difficult mental health topics really well. Personally, I really identified with the protagonist, and felt the author did a really good job at creating connection to the characters Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Thanks for starting the thread, @sunnygirl606!

One of the most important things that I feel like has shaped my own writing is Anne Lamott's book Bird by Bird

It's such a funny book that's easy to read, but has a lot of useful advice not just for writing, but for life in general Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@wanderingwasp I just finished watching the tv show normal people!!!! so amazing did not know it was a book omg I'm so excited to read it now!

Also the series I'm reading right now is a teen fantasy fiction (anyone else also obsessed with those kind of books and also trashy romance or just me hehe) and it's called vampire academy. I love books like this because I do so much heavy reading at uni so I love to just have a chill read also the main love interest is like the best thing in the whole world.