cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gemstones - anyone got any?

I went to the bead shop today with my housemate (I don't collect beads or make jewellery but I thought I'd tag along) and I bought back some gemstones. 

I thought I might give this spiritual sort of stuff a shot. 

Here's what I got, a picture and a brief description of what they mean. 

Hope someone finds it interesting and maybe theres someone out there has gemstones too, I'd like to know if you do and what you've got. Obviously different sites and sources tell you different meanings but I picked these out based on what the meanings in the shop said. 

IMG_0966.jpg

ROSE QUARTZ: 

Carries an energy of compassion and peace, tenderness and healing, comfort and nourishment. "A crystal of unconditional love".

IMG_0963.jpg

UNAKITE OR EPIDOTE:

Brings peaceful sleep and stress releif. 

It is said to lift your spirits when you are feeling down and to help you see the beauty in life. Also used to uncover deception and help the healing of seperation or abandonment issues. 

IMG_0964.jpg

DALMATION JASPER

Allowing you to move forward in life with stone creates joy and aids you to breakdown barriers that you have created as protection around yourself. May also relieve the need to take revenge on anyone you feel as done you wrong. 

IMG_0964.jpg

JASPER

"The nurturing stone" 

Jasper is primarily about peace and relaxation and gentleness. It aids the ability to relax and come to peace even in difficult situations. This helps bring in wholeness, healing emotionally, kindness, and comfort.

IMG_0961.jpg

DUMORTIERITE 

"A stone of order" said to good for organisation, peace and self discipline. Dumortierite is said to calm and focus you in traumatic situations giving you the tools to cope with a crisis and helps mental capacities in overcoming tough situations. In healing this stone is thought to be of benefit for things such as headaches and nausea. Placed gently on an affected area it is said to soothe sunburn (hey thats a cool fact we could all use in summer!!) 

IMG_0965.jpg

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Gemstones - anyone got any?

Ooh pretty! I like the colours of the unakite. I was once in a Chinese grocery shop and the lady sold jade bangles behind the counter. She told me they protect you from physical harm and she knew a lady who stepped out onto the road and got hit by a car - the only thing that was damaged was her jade bangle. I was going to buy one but they were like $400 Smiley Sad

There was sooo many @ElleBelle I couldn't decided what I wanted and I only had limited cash. I picked out so many and had to narrow it down, will definitely have to go back there.

I was soooooo obsessed with gemstones as a kid, whenever we went into a little shop that sold them I would always beg mum to buy them for me Smiley Tongue

Now I love getting jewellery with gems in them, the meanings behind the gems makes each piece a bit more special Smiley Happy

@Chessca_H haha yeah they are awesome and have so much meaning behind them. So beautiful too!

these are sweet @j95 

lanejane

@j95 Woaaah, these are awesome! I love things like this. I was the same as @Chessca_H - I use to collect them as a kid (now I've passed my collection on to my little sister). I was always fond of Rose Quartz and Amythest. I also use to really love Runes (I use to pretend I could tell my future, haha). My favourite is 'Algiz' which is suppose to offer protection.

download.jpg

@KitKat I had never even heard of gemstones before so I'm pretty proud of my new discovery haha

So beautiful!! @j95 I have a couple that are necklaces that are for stress and anxiety. 

@j95 that's so interesting!! My partner is a geology major so once we see one of those gem shops it's basically guaranteed that we won't leave the shop until she's explained all of the properties and locations and whatnot of every single gem in the shop!! I also have some black tourmaline which she found at a dig site once and brought back for me:

IMAG0042.jpg