cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Music that always makes you happy?

The Kooks, Death Cab For Cutie and The Temper Trap always get me in a great mood!

Ahh, music, a blissful timeout  from life.

A couple of tracks I can't help but enjoy no matter what.

Mint Royale - Don't Falter

Feist - 1234

And, a band that almost nobody seems to have heard of from Melbourne but they're awfully fun: The Triangles - Applejack

What fun!

Highlighted

For me, there is only one album that always succeeds in making me happy.

Hands down, this was, for me at least, the best album 1995 had to offer.

I really hope that someone else has heard of this band, and the greatness that this album in particular held within. So without any further ado, the album is:

Ýou'd Prefer An Astronaut' by Hum.

Amazing.

Hurts Like Heaven by Coldplay is my happy song at the moment. I'm not entirely sure that it's meant to be happy, but the beat is really quick and dancey which makes me happy Smiley Happy

I love a lot of music! Like seriously I have something along the lines of 20,000 songs on iTunes.

However there are a few songs that never fail to cheer me up!

Firstly There's Jamine Kennedy's cover of "Mama Mia." It's epicly fantastic and if you haven't heard it... well.

Lucy Spraggan's "Tea & Toast"

Pan!c at the Disco's "Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off"

Urthboy's "We Get Around"

AND FINALLY

The Wombat's "Let's Dance To Joy Divison"

Andy Grammer's "Keep Your Head Up" always puts a smile on my face when I'm feeling down Smiley Happy

You can call me Al- Paul Simon

I quite like High by Lighthouse Family - I'm not sure it's ever failed to make me smile even just a little bit Smiley Happy

The lyrics are really nice (full of hope) and it's upbeat with a friendly sound - but not too energetic to deal with in a bad mood.

Other than that, it really depends what I want to focus on or what mood I'm in to start with! I have a few different playlists on my ipod :3

MOST MUSIC!!! The Kinks, Amon Amarth (sometimes), David Bowie, The Beatles, The Clash, Benny Goodman, Florence and the Machine, Goo Goo Dolls, Joan Jett, Jonsi, Kvelertak, Queen, Tame Impala. Anything from the 60's and 70's.

OMG the Bear Necessities from the Jungle Book... makes me smile just thinking about it!