cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tell me why you joined this forum and why you love it!

@musicfan_xo I can understand the difficulty with parents being involved in the details of your life..I love my parents loads and they are super supportive, but there is always that weirdness that comes with them knowing and sometimes that makes it harder to reach out to them. For what it's  worth I think you're doing a good job with it, a lot of people exclude their parents from the details, but it's now something you can always have as support.

Do you speak to your online friends often? Is this through gaming or something different Smiley Happy

It's nice to meet you @Potatoes_are_good! Welcome to the forums!
Potatoes are indeed good. Smiley Tongue
I'm so sorry that you've been feeling sad lately. We're here to listen and support you if you need someone to talk to. Heart

I joined ReachOut because I wanted to expand my peer support skills, make new friends and use my knowledge and life experience to make a difference to others. Smiley Happy It has helped me so much and I hope being on the forums will help you too.

@Potatoes_are_good  welcome to the forums, and thanks so much for starting this thread! I'm loving reading about everyone's reasons for being here, and what they've gained from being on the forums. It's such a generous and welcoming community, and I know that I have learned so much from everyone here- it's a really safe space for chatting about what's happening for you. 

Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I also very much agree with @WheresMySquishy - potatoes are good! Is there a story behind that user name? I love it! 

Check out our community activities calendar here

i joined because i was struggling and needed some advice. i have since been able to help myself and can now share with others my knowledge. i love being here because i can relate to other young people, share my knowledge and also be supported by others when i need as well
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hi @Potatoes_are_good  !

YOU ARE CORRECT potatoes are a S-tier, high-quality food. So versatile, so good. 

I love this forum because it has exposed me to so many different people, mindsets, backgrounds, and experiences. It made me more aware of what others go through on a daily basis, and its given me the opportunity to provide and receive support whenever life gets too much for me.

Speaking of, we are here to listen to you no matter what it is. Hopefully, you are feeling better, but if not I'm happy to hear why and talk about it.

I joined this forum because I was looking for a way to make the world a bit kinder. I love that RO is such a safe and supportive community built by so many amazing peopleHeart