cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: It feels like everyone is leaving me (Part 2)

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 I hope starting new meds will make you feel better

It's ok to take care of yourself first before you can help others on here 

Sounds like things have been tough for you lately @Lost_Space_Explorer5, I am sorry to hear that. It is goof that you have been able to discuss things with your psychiatrist and that they are working with you to make things better. It sucks to hear that you had some sort of panic attack recently, did you want to discuss what happened a bit more? @hunginc has raised a really good point about it being okay for you to help yourself first, hope you are feeling better Heart

Thanks @hunginc, you've been supporting so many people on the forums lately, it's wonderful to see Heart

@Sophia-RO I feel like I'm panicking again now, I'm just worried about small things and can't focus on uni very well. I'm just trying to breathe and let this feeling pass on its own. Maybe I will go for a walk this afternoon, that might help take my mind off things

I hope everyone's doing okay and is safe and looking after themselves Heart

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 Well, I do have more time now since I'm a part-time uni student, and don't have to deal with terrible group members for assignments, haha

If you do go for a walk, I'd recommend going for a walk around the time when the sunsets so you can watch it, unless it's cloudy

Oh I wish! I'm in my last sem of uni and it's full time AND I think I have a group assignment coming up for stats Smiley Sad @hunginc, do you have any tips for me Smiley LOL I agree, sunset is a beautiful time of day Smiley Happy

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 I only have experience with 10-person group assignments

Looking back, I would have completed it myself and submitted my version of the assignment

They say there is no I in team, but there is an I in High Distinction, haha

Jokes aside, I would try to take as much control as I possibly can and would try to start it early

Ooof, a group assignment and stats is like a venn diagram of my two least favourite parts of uni @Lost_Space_Explorer5  Smiley LOL That's so exciting that you're in your final semester though! I did find watching youtube videos with different lecture styles kinda helpful when I had a concept I was struggling with, sometimes having someone else explain it can help a lot- good luck! Feel free to vent here any time. Are you using SPSS? 

Check out our community activities calendar here

Hahaha that actually made me laugh out loud @hunginc ! Love it. 

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  from what I've seen here you are a really great communicator - my only advice would be to communicate early and often with group assignments, over email so that you can make sure that everyone's on the same page about what they're doing, and by when, and you have it in writing in case things go haywire! So if you have a meeting, I reckon it's totally fine to send a quick "as discussed today, x will be doing this by y date" etc. 

Group projects in college #CollegeLife #Meme | Funny school memes, Teacher  humor, Teaching humor

meme, assignments, slacking off and responsibility - image #6289534 on  Favim.com

I will respond later sorry I just need to vent atm Smiley Sad

I feel really scared I woke up and felt really weird like oh no why am I still in this body oh well I just have to wait for it to die then I can sleep and now I'm feeling really scared that I'm dying but I'm not. I'm also worried I'll do something crazy like try to hurt someone but I won't I think that's just the ocd thoughts. And what if the combo of meds does something, like I'm meant to keep an eye out for that. Everything is probably fine I'm just worrying too much

Hey @Lost_Space_Explorer5 ,

It sounds like those would be really frightening and unsettling thoughts to be experiencing, especially in the early hours of the morning like that, I'm so sorry that you experienced that.  It can feel really lonely and awful when we're alone with our thoughts in the middle of the night, and I'm glad that you were able to come and vent about them here. I hope you were able to get some more rest, how are you feeling this morning? 

Being scared that you might hurt someone sounds like an awful feeling to have to sit with, have you experienced those kinds of thoughts before? Is there anything that's helped you to stay safe and manage those thoughts?