cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: It feels like everyone is leaving me (Part 2)

You have absolutely nothing to apologise for @MB95! 🖤 I'm feeling okay, not much has been happening really. I'm keen to hear about what's been going on for you but take all the time you need, I'll be here when you're ready Smiley Happy Just hearing back from you that you're alive is a huge relief
Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  I’m so sorry to hear how you’ve been feeling lately and that you feel as if people are leaving you.. when I switched counsellors at kids helpline I made sure my new counsellor didn’t have any plans to leave and that she wasn’t studying for another career. Have you asked your new counsellor this? 

I also want you to know that Reachout it’s self is not going anywhere and you’re ALWAYS welcome. I know that MB95 is a really good person and you two have such a beautiful friendship but I don’t want you to think they’re abandoning you. Unfortunately we don’t have a choice to stay or go once we get to that age Smiley Sad I’m not the same person but I’m nearly 16 (got 10 more years here!) and I’m happy to offer you that long term friendship that you might be looking for Smiley Happy I’m not going anywhere! 
It won’t change the fact that you are having to say goodbye to these people but I can stay here with you through those hard times along with the rest of us here at reachout! 

@MB95  I’m really heartbroken to hear that you’re living in your car at the moment Smiley Sad do you have any friends or family that might be willing to offer you a place to stay? Do you have any support or financial income? I can’t imagine what you’re going through right now but we are here for you Heart 

Highlighted

Thank you for your kind words @Bananatime04 🖤 I haven't asked my new counsellor that but Macy picked them for me so hopefully they're planning on sticking around. I'm really attached to my case manager (maybe even more than I was to Macy because I got to see her face to face) so it's gonna be pretty hard Smiley Sad But she'll still be around so I'll get to say hi occasionally once covid is over..

I would love to be friends on here long term Smiley Happy If MB95 doesn't end up able to do the mod workshop with me (who knows if it'll be running with covid) maybe I could do it with you, Lexi and Tiny leaf Smiley Very Happy 🖤
Highlighted

Hey @MB95, that so so stressful that you're currently living out of your car. I am so sorry that you were made to feel so unsafe and uncomfortable - that is never ok. If you like, I can find you some resources for help - whether that's a shelter or housing support, or anything that might be useful to you right now. If you like you can share the state/closest large city, or if that's uncomfortable, I can email you some resources. I hope you're doing ok Heart Heart

Highlighted

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  no problem! Heart
Yes we would love to have you join us in the mods workshop the same year we go! We just have to wait a couple more years for me and Lexi to turn 18 Smiley Happy I think Lexi said she is 15 next week! So 3 more years! That gives us time to build our friendships and get to know each other more though Smiley Very Happy Maybe if the mods workshop isn’t on this year, you could speak to the community managers about giving MB95 the opportunity to go next year from missing out, or even suggest a virtual zoom mods workshop! That way you’d still be able to see them Smiley Happy 

I get how hard it is when we feel attached to our professional supports because we are so open with them, they know so much about us and they’re a huge part of our lives! I actually saw a video on tiktok of this girl that was really upset from losing her counsellor and you should’ve seen the comments.. they made me feel so much better because a lot of them felt the same way as me. One of them I recall said that it felt worse than a breakup, this one made me feel like I didn’t have to be ashamed of it affecting me so much. What I’m trying to say is it’s actually normal to get attached to someone that has possibly giving you back your life and impacted your life so much. And it’s okay to grieve that loss, whatever you feel is okay! You’re not alone Heart 

I think it’s really good that you’ve been able to identify a positive, still being able to see your case manager occasionally! That’s awesome Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Thanks guys. I forgot how much I need you all and how supportive this community is.

Don't be so nice @Lost_Space_Explorer5 - I DO owe you an apology or ten for not responding and causing you to feel the way you did! I truly am sorry ❤ 

I think it's amazing you will still get to see your CM around occasionally - do you think knowing this might help a little? 

Highlighted

3 more years seems so far away @Bananatime04 Smiley Sad But yes more time to build our friendships! Smiley Happy I feel like getting sad from having to say goodbye to supports is something which isn't talked much about seeing that it's such a common thing! Being able to see her occasionally is definitely a positive, but I don't know when it'll be cause covid seems like it's never gonna go away Smiley Sad And I'm constantly worried about people I care about dying, is that weird?

@MB95 Yes this is a very supportive community! We've got your back Smiley Happy And you absolutely don't owe me an apology or anything. You're not responsible for my feelings Smiley Tongue Whatever feelings I had weren't your fault, and they were up to me to work through. You had every right to take some time off, there's no pressure to stay on here. Even though I felt sad/hurt/resentful/worried, you can't actually MAKE me feel that way, and it's not like you intended that to happen. Those emotions just show me how much I care Smiley Happy

You're going through such a horrible time atm, stop worrying about my feelings! I'm so worried about you being homeless and living in your car Smiley Sad Have you done that before? Are you safe there from danger? And do you have access to stuff you need to survive? Do you have enough money for essentials? Also.. how are you charging your phone and stuff, I'm curious? Are libraries and stuff open at uni? Are there any friends or family that'll let you crash at theirs while you search for a new place? Have you told your psych/gp what's been happening?

oops I said I wasn't gonna ask questions... sorry... answer them if and when you want hehe
Highlighted

Sorry to hear that things have been difficult lately @MB95, I can't imagine how hard it must be to live within your car. I want to echo what @Lost_Space_Explorer5 has said about how you will manage the essentials. Do you have any supports around you that can help you with these?

I think these times are really uncertain and difficult to go through @Lost_Space_Explorer5 . So I don't think it is weird for you to be concerned about others passing away. I know that these times can be really confusing, so it is so important for us all to have support systems available (and use them!). Considering this, it is really nice to hear that you and MB95 agree that this community is supportive. The community will always be here to support you Heart

Highlighted

I'm so sorry @Lost_Space_Explorer5. I wasn't thinking properly when I wrote back... I'm homeless but in the way that I have had to move out with no where to go. I ended up calling a friend from uni and am crashing at her place atm until I'm able to find somewhere. So as awkward as it is (we aren't very close) I did reach out to her cause I didn't wanna be literally sleeping in my car. And I meant living from it in the way that I have my shit scattered everywhere in it and it SUCKS. Anyway, I'll update you when I have more energy and answer your questions but I just realised how I'd worded that and feel so stupid so thought I better clear it up. Sorry for the confusion, my brain isn't exactly functioning right at the moment. 

Highlighted

@MB95 Oh that's a relief that you aren't literally living in your car! We all jumped the gun on that one hehe Smiley Tongue Still, having to stay with your uni friend sounds really tough and I hope you're able to find a new place soon