cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I get stressed, depressed, hate being alone and get angry easily.

@letitgo One of my friends told me to call her anytime, no matter how late or early and that has helped. And she also respects that sometimes I don't want to talk about how I feel, so that's good and getting better. Also writing (along with sport) has pretty much been my life line, I have filled loads of journals with thoughts, songs, poems and just my feelings and it has helped a lot.

The hardest thing though is that often, when I need it most no one  is around or are too busy and I feel rude having to basically force them to listen and it just feels like they don't want to be there. I am never alone at school because I have so many friends, but I just sometimes feel alone and I hate it.

@May_, I seem to get angry for the stupidest reasons and related to nothing. Sometimes it will be someone just mentioning some random topic and then I get the anger rising in me for no reason and I feel choked by trying to not lash out. I feel like my blood is literally boiling and get all tense and tight and want to scream... it's awful feeling like this and sometimes hurting people who have done nothing wrong because of it.

Highlighted

@Alison5 I am doing a little bit better. I have been studying for exams that are next week, which have been stressing me out. But studying helped me realise I can do it. I have also fit in lots of exercise and this means I have been sleeping a little bit better. But even though I have been a bit better the anger has been harder to control. 

@StarLord recommended a book and it has helped me a lot, i now love meditation and often do it on the bus on the way to school (40min trip). I just sit with quiet music and relax. 

My ankle has also been doing better, meaning I can get out and do more sport which is amazing! 

I think the change in weather has also helped a bit as I was getting so sick of winter. I felt pretty down today in the morning, but I went out for a bike ride and that helped a bit. But then I got back and had an awful fight with my dad about nothing, so that was awful. The meditation did help with my anger after that though.

That sounds horrible to have to go through @Em-Joy Smiley Sad

Have you looked into any anger management strategies?

I have, it just doesn't seem to work. The only thing I have found to work is to leave and get space. But even if I explain that people get upset, or don't understand and then follow me

@Em-Joy good on you for practicing your meditation! Seriously I think that's the hardest part about it. And maybe also the judgment we often pass on ourselves if we get distracting thoughts...