cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I want to leave school

@MemphisBelle aw man, sorry to hear your day was rough. I can understand it would've been difficult explaining to the teachers that you don't want to attend the graduation/formal/muck up week (your Sharknado costume sounded rad though! "They took my grandfather. So I really hate sharks.").

As @tsnyder said, expectations are relative. If you think that attending any or all three events will be a negative experience, don't feel like you NEED to go just because you're expected to. But if you think you'll get some joy, pride or sense of accomplishment out of attending, you might regret not going.

I would not regret it at all I would either

A) walk around lonely or upset. Even bored out of my mind
B) Decide to let my true colors show, I've been trying to supress my true self for a while. That's all I can do

My mum is okay with me not going though i don't know how she truly feels.

I like my outside of school stuff but I feel like everyone hates me at school

Hey,

It's okay to leave school if you have a plan. Would it be possibly to go to TAFE instead? It's probably not too late to get in to somewhere mid-year.
Another option could be finishing next year? Sometimes just a different year level makes for an amazing difference. You could spread your subjects out so you're just doing a couple for the rest of this year, then the rest next year. Or you could look into even taking a 6 month break to take care of yourself, perhaps even make some money, then return or begin TAFE next year.

Not really, I need my HSC so I have no other option

This kinda sucks, I hate my school, no gives two s#$ts about me. I'm not going to my Graduation or Formal, I just want school over with

I can't take school

So I'm In year 8 and I can't take school I can't eat right, can't concentrate, can't sleep to well and I just don't wonna be under this much stress when I'm at school I feel alone and everything is so boring and I constantly zone out. I'm about to go into year 9 but I'm considering staying in school for sport and getting all my work mailed to me for me to complete at home and not go to school 

Highlighted

I can't take school

I feel kinda Simalar so I'm In year 8 and I can't take school I can't eat right, can't concentrate, can't sleep to well and I just don't wonna be under this much stress when I'm at school I feel alone and everything is so boring and I constantly zone out. I'm about to go into year 9 but I'm considering staying in school for sport and getting all my work mailed to me for me to complete at home and not go to school. I really just wonna stay home and not take all the stress about school 

Re: I can't take school

@Bigjp welcome to RO! Thannks for sharing your experience with us. It looks like you've been looking around the forum and found a thread that you could relate with. That's a pretty good start to reaching out here Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time at school. What is causing you stress at school?  And have you talked about this to anyone at home or school (family or a teacher)?

It sounds like sports is something that's going well which is great. Do you play on a team? 

Re: I can't take school

Don't worry I had the same exact experience when I was in year 8, I thought that my first year at high school was that bad, I didn't want to go back next year. My homeroom teach was really mean. Of course I hadn't told my parents, but I was so dead set that I didn't want to go back the year after. And of course like good parents they could see my anxiety and really helped. Entering year 9 I was so worried but by the end of the first week I loved it, I ended up joining in alot of music programs and found year 9 to be really relaxed and my teachers were amazing.

Hope the relation helps.